Stock options?

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Aug 29, 2014 at 9:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm with Forest (oops, I mean Actavis), but not in sales. Do sales reps get stock options, either as part of their sign on agreement, or as part of annual compensation increases? Just curious. For my area, (part of R&D) generally manager level and above get some stock when they sign on, plus some annually if goals are met. Lower level people get some annually, except non-exempt/lowest level. Of course it's a bit secretive, so sometimes hard to say.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While on the subject, where are the merit stock awards for President's club winners? Lynch said something was coming soon, but that was weeks ago. I wonder if they are going to skip that now since we're Actavis. Hope not. That would be unfair.

To the OP. Reps don't get stocks when hired. They can be awarded as a merit award a year to year and half later with "good behavior."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a DM and can say that there are numerous benefits (stock options, cash bonus, direct stock grants, and non qualified pension grants for those with base of at least 250k $ salary). Grantees are required to 'keep their mouths shut. ' so as to not foster jealousy etc.

Pclubbers typically receive stock grants and merit bonuses above those reported. Typically worth half years base. This does not include stock grants typically 500 shares vested at 3 year anniversary of award.

Now DMs get well rewarded. I personally get 5000 shares a year if I meet 100% of goals. Exceed by 20% adds another1000 shares. Also cash bonus typically $40 k a year. Even in downyesr I receive over. 20k$.

If one of my reps make Pclub I get same cash bonus as Rep Plus additional 1000 shares grant with 3 year vesting. So whatever a Rep gets we get roughly 2-3 times more.

My RD doesn't say much but we have heard through another RD that their bonus and grants typically run in the 200k$ per year range. That's on top of their generous base.

Managers have a generous defined benefit pension plan and as noted anunqualified grant as most have base over $250k.l

So life is good for us managers and when one of our reps hit Pclub we secretly collect the big kahuna of a payday.

Hope this sheds some light on the secret benes of DMs and RDs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so full of crap.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow you managers do quite well. No wonder my manager is all smiles.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another day of getting sigs and dumping samples to hit my daily activity numbers. McDonalds employees are more valuable than I feel right now! Has anyone seen McDonalds 401k plan? It's one of the best around. They value their employees.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A super-sized profit sharing and 401k plan. I bet they don't have to share rooms at training either.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sharing a bed at thraining can be one of the best 'secret' benefits at Forest. I've enjoyed my training session with several gals overnite.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BUT NOT ANYMORE!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ex DM here - - yes those were great times and I made a bundle, even off the P clubbers! Now retired in Naples Florida with wife #3. Recommend those getting canned to head to a state without income tax like FL.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Active Rep in NJ: These benefits explain the intense competition to make P club and make DM. I will redouble my efforts to make P club and DM. I will also no longer 'help' my coworkers as they may surpass me in sales numbers.

Thanks for this info.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is sick

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No this is BUSINESS. This is Darwin 's survival of the fittest. This will help the young aggressive reps who have been carrying the old slugs.

You sound like a real loser.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a DM for Pfizer. Your compensation is almost 50% higher then ours. I wonder if I should apply for a job at Actabis. / forest. Any thoughts? Are there any openings?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are there openings? My DM told me she has 3

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, come on over. We are going to change the name again in a few months, a name you could easily spell.