Stent job--What the recruiter told me

Discussion in 'Abbott Vascular' started by Anonymous, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing new in the pipeline until mid to late 2014 if that (more like early to mid 2015, the way things are going at Abbott Vascular). What is in the pipeline for 2013 are extensions of the Xience Xpedition platform and BVS that is it.

Not a pretty site if you ask me, but if you need a job and they hire you at least it's a paycheck. If you are looking because you want out of the turmoil you are in, I would seriously consider not jumping ship for this place because the turmoil at Abbott especially at Vascular is or is even more worse than where you are at now.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And what would you say that paycheck would look like? I know it depends on territory, but is there likely business in every territory throughout the country to make descent money? I'm talking Midwest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't really help you here, I am on the R&D / manufacturing side of things and I know we are slow. Very slow!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you that the most you will ever see is about 200,000 but realistically your looking at 150 to 175 at best...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott is dropping prices like madmen trying to retain market share because they have inferior products. In obamacare, this strategy will succeed in driving out better products because hospital employed doctors have no clout in what products they will use. Don't get me wrong, some of the high volume, industry we'd old timers will still have a little pull. However, once they work thru the system and the new generation of hospital employee physicians predominate, bean counters will be deciding what products patients are subjected to. Yes, materials management with a business degree wil have supreme power as to what patients are treated with. Thanks Obama. Stifle competition, things get more expensive and quality and selection suffer. The material manager should have learned that in b school and should be ashamed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Abbott Vascular TM's make from 150k-200k? In what type of performing territory? In mid to high or only high performing territory 90% and greater?

We are getting hit with a 90% threshold at our company does Abbott do that?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obama is not to blame, even at $1600, stent margins are likely in the 75-80% range.

What other business can claim that? Also, you are a one trick pony as no one cares about balloons, wires, guides and structural heart outside of TAVR is a name vs a reality(see all talk, no walk)

It's a commodity market with the differentiation akin to gloves, drapes and specimen cups. Other companies like JNJ, Medtronic, Boston can bundle tons of cath lab products, what can Abt bundle?

Abt is being smart as why should they pay top dollar for someone who buys food all day? I got out a few years ago as being "Lunch lady" got real old.

Frankly, wait and see on ABSORB(24ish months) or find a better gig, there are many out there yet you have to network and bust your butt

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking to leave OR cap. sales and considering IR/vascular...your thoughts would be appreciated.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is the comp like here?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shrinking every quarter