To GSK management

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Should Deirdre Be Terminated Immediately?

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2009 : Empowerment, do what you think is best for the business

2010 : Sell or you will be fired ...... PIPs everywhere (Retroactive,what a fucking joke. Sick!)

2011: Sales don't matter, be good at customer service.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh.......I forgot, we don't sell

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Personally I was one of the folks that drank the kool-aid. I was around during a time when GW was an amazing org. We worked hard and were compensated well. As things began to change after the SKB merger, I kept telling myself that it would turnaround. Well it never did and continues to go south. I'm not saying it was heritage GW or SKB's fault. The merger wasn't successful for many reasons. Now i look and even those post merger days look not so bad.

The current political climate is not healthy and I understand that some changes need to be made. However, I've never seen such a flip flopping of ideas. I've lost faith in the GSK leadership team and have decided for me it's time to move on to something different. I do believe that pharma will still continue. I just can't continue with a company that cares very little about anyone except for.... Well I'm not sure what they care for or what the organizations goal is. It keeps changing. I think I will throw up if I have to hear another word about the 3 V's. GSK was once a great company and its employees had great pride in their work and were invested. I've seen this attitude completely change in just 3 years.
    As a stockholder I am very disappointed that we have moved in this direction.

Diedre I understand that you dislike Cafe Pharma. I am not a fan of it either. However if you or one of your assistants read this please know that the thinking that I have is the norm. You have some who may decide to stay because they have no where else to go. These employees will not be invested. They will just do the minimum. I'm sure that this is not what Andrew Whitty or the board of directors wanted. It's so obvious that the only reason the new incentive comp plan was rolled out to the field was due to the press release. It is all about politics and has nothing to do with our former mission of helping patients live better lives.

The PIP that was rolled out last year was a disaster and I saw the harm that it did to so many. Many of these people were great reps with a long history of success. Employees that most organizations would want working for them. These employees were told that they were bad and made to feel like crap. Only now to be told sales don't matter. Many took the Vol Pkg cause they knew what would be in store for them if they stayed. Now you are saying whoops! we made a mistake. Sales are not important it is all about satisfaction surveys. This is sooo messed up.

Diedre you and your team have accomplished your mission of ruining many peoples lives and a once great company. I along with others have no confidence in your leadership and you have lost my trust.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

D's words in her press release are scarey. Talking about something right out of the facist totalitarian play book. She is simply going right along with the direction our president is taking with this country, in hopes of avoiding his wrath. She is trying to save this company from our new government. D's direction for the company is simply the beginning (the tip of the ice berg) of what is coming our way in many industries, professions, and inevitably our personal lives. Get on your knees and pray, get yourself right with God, and brace yourself, because the change is coming (infact, its here and starting to be seen) and there will be (is)nowhere to go to avoid it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is bigger than GSK, my friends. This is only one of many symptoms that will be developing over the next few months, and into years, as the "disease" takes a stronger hold each and every day.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post #4..........my feelings exactly. You did an excellent job explaining the damage of the PIP. I was one of those who received it and it did make me feel like crap and I felt threatened that my career was over.

I worked my ass off for 18 years, I was promoted over the years and had outstanding relationships with doctors. I did feel pushed out.......and took VRIF way too young, in 40's. I thought that if I had been retained, I would have gone through the stress of being "managed out" if the numbers didn't turn. Not only the stress but the indignity of it after years of very hard work and always doing the right thing for the company. Playing by the rules and sacrificing over the years. Spending many nights away from home to do dinners to launch new products etc. , sometimes 3 nights a week. Missing kids functions and leaving my wife to deal with everything.

Now, I hear the numbers don't matter. I won't lie, it hurts pretty bad. Here I am after all of this, looking for a new job. It's not a fun thing to do, especially when it wasn't necessary in hindsight. It's too bad, management couldn't have been more "transparent" with those of us who dedicated many years of service to the organization. We were the face of the company to many doctors.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the most accurate and well written post in awhile

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally...a post that means something! I am also in complete disbelief over what has changed in the past 2 years. Hard to believe that a few people can change a great company to something so bad!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #4 - you are exactly right. I think the majority of the sales force feels the same way. Too bad so many reps feel that they can't speak up on teleconferences to show their discontent with the new bonus plan and what will eventually happen to the company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #7

Our stories are very similar. I am so upset over this, I never thought I would be in this situation with everything I had done over my career. It has impacted me and my family big time. This has clearly been one of the worst experiences in my entire life.

GSK.............thanks for the integrity that you have shown to those of us who knocked ourselves out for you !

If there are any similar stories, please share them. For those of us going through this, it's good to know we're not alone.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wake up people. It is not about D and her agenda. This is big, folks. Like I said above, it is bigger than GSK. It is about a new world order. D is simply setting up GSK to survive the global change (which many of you voted for almost 2 years ago). You wanted CHANGE...you got it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is one of the best posts I have seen on this site. For once, some people have been thoughtful about comments. I am sure many will agree with most of what is being said on this thread.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I have empathy with your positions in an industry/market that is changing rapidly you all seem to forget the GSK is not just about the USA and even about white pills in western markets.

That only accounts for around 26% of revenue now.

So when you talk of ruined a once great company and end of and era please be sure to say the USA sales rep part of it.

The majority of GSK workers are not in the USA and the majority of the company focus is not there.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What???? You sound like one of the people who are running this company in the ground.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post #14:

I am disgusted at how the US market has been devalued in this entire "emerging markets" transition. The US sales force has carried Europe and other areas of the world for many, many years. It is sad to see what little loyalty has been shown to the US market during our darkest hour. What we as a sales force have contributed over decades is completely disregarded. We are the original "emerging market"!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what do you want GSK to do?

Just as different industries moved around the world and focus changed ie shipbuilding out to Korea and Japan in the 70's, car production shifting etc the focus is now moving in other industries.

There is a global shift - deal with it. Suck it up Princess.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Into the ground how?

Sales up in EM at over 40%

Sales in AP up over 40%

Vaccines and Consumer booming

White pills in western markets will have their place but their is a structural and global shift in the world economy.

Britain top dog in the 19th century and in the 20th could not let go of empire easily
    USA top dog in 20th and in 21st trying desperately to hold onto empire.

Problem is you can not turn back the tide, just ride the wave and suck it up.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not about Global shifts or market dynamics. The is about the way in which the whole process unfolded in 2010. Cuts needed to be made,there is not doubt. There probably needs to be even more.

This organization showed its true colors with the devious manipulation towards its employees this year. Trying to get people to leave with no severance due to PIPs ? come on GSK. Knowing VRIFs would take it to avoid getting fired on PIPs. Very poor........and the black eye won't go away anytime soon.

P.S GSK should tell the press the real number of people gone, so they know how shitty the company is really doing. It wasn't just 700 reps......it was more like 2000 with the VRIFs.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BOO HOO...GO CRY A RIVER. No babies allowed. No go change a diaper so your wife can get off her ass and go get a job. Someone needs to work you boob.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While many of you may not like the recent changes, be proud that you have a president who is leading the way for the industry. The change that Deirdre has made is definitely industry leading, and quite frankly, other companies will follow suit. I may not personally like the direction our industry is headed, but I do realize the changes necessary for us to continue to have jobs.