Interviewed this week in Southeast:

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Apr 15, 2011 at 7:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had my ftof this week for a position in the SE and I left the interview with more questions than I had before I went in. J&J wants you to bring all of your CV contacts plus your experience but when I told the hiring DM what my current salary was his head almost popped off! Good luck to those going forward but I will pass.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. J&J says they want the best of the best but are they prepared to match our current benefits. If you want CV experience, thrombosis experience, afib launch expertise and a Rolodex full of customers then they will need to match/ exceed salaries and vacation.
    2 weeks of vacation to reps with this experience is insulting on top of the fact that the drug has yet to be approved and will be second to market. Anyone with this experience will have 4 -5 weeks vacation. Pony up J&J or a whole bunch of us that you are courting will walk. To all those candidates in the pool hold steady and demand your 5 weeks. If we band together they will have to compromise otherwise we walk and they will hire all their second candidates resulting in a second rate launch, lack of experience, contacts and ultimately minimizing speed of impact. A pay for A play! Most of us want to make this move but the benefits have to be at a minimum equal.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed.

1) They have no plan B) for this role if Riva does not launch. We will be let go. This med was supposed to launch 2 years ago.
    2) How many times has big pharma promised a new drug recently and failed?
    3) There is a considerable amount of risk here and the offer needs to be in line with this risk.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If possible ask for a severance contract so you are protected. I wouldn't leave a job to come here without one.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is actually great advice. Despite that request, I have personally decided not to take the risk since I have another job. They seem confident Riva will be approved this time around, but they were just as confident 2 years ago. Anything could happen again. Lastly, for those that have never sold "disease state" without a drug, it is horrible. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just a few months of that, but it will be at least 5 months of that - if not longer. No matter what kind of relationship someone has, eventually clinitians will turn down your requests to see them as you will have nothing to sell them and nothing new. If you don't already have a job, it would be worth the risk...but if you already have a job, I don't think it is worth the risk anymore.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. The STAR generic interview questions were insulting and go no where. They pretty much wasted mine and their time. The top Brass has no Cardiology Experience....how can you launch such an important product with leadership that has no launch or cardio exp. The level of their questions was elementary, asked same questions multiple times, looked at me like a deer in the headlights when I went down clinical and customer specific responses, had no answers for my harder questions....makes me Really question if I want to make the leap. My confidence in the DSM is solid but the folks above him were nothing to write home about. This will be a big decisions, my confidence in the RSD to make the right decisions is shaky....bottom line....lets see if J&J brings competitive offers to the table otherwise their resources spent on their remedial interview process will be for not.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone receive info on how to be reimbursed for travel expenses for the interview? I didn't receive any form or instructions and haven't received a response from the interview contact at the office.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100% with this poster. My experience was exactly the same... They were more worried about asking their scripted questions than getting to know the candidate. They kept asking the same questions over and over. They couldnt answer any of my questions. Management has no idea about product, competition or the cv landscape. Scary for me.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think they are reimbursing for travel expenses. I did not receive any forms either. Makes me hesitant for sure....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would suck for all the people who spent hundreds of dollars on airline tickets. Even if they do reimburse, they might want to be more straightforward with the process. It's like they're hoping you don't do the work to find out how to get reimbursed so that they can save a few bucks. Very low class, even with making all the candidates sit together in a room before their interviews started.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the world of J&J for the last 5 years. Nicle and dime management except for the big wigs. Don't think for a minute that you are joining the "family company" they claim to be. Everyone out for themselves, no progressive thinking and a leadership team that is riddles with incompetence. But somehow, they keep getting richer. If I were you, unless facing umemployment, I would look for the good things in my current company and weigh them heavily against making a switch here.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had an interview last week as well. Felt the same way as most seem to feel about RDs. I liked the 2 DMs I interviewed with and one of them would be my manager . Did you guys not get your tickets through jnj travel? That is what they had me do so it was billed to them.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you are describing is EXACTLY what has been wrong for the last five or six years. In sales calls with your manager your goal becomes "checking off the boxes" instead of actually engaging someone and making a sale. If this was a problem for you with the interview, please know that this will be your every single day if you take the job. That is...until they decide that Riva is never really going to launch and lay you off. I don't say that to scare you...I say that to warn you! Like other people have said, take the job if you are currently unemployed, but NEVER leave a job to come here. The grass is BROWN over here, not green...no matter what yard you are looking from!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG- Please resign. You will not be missed.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was looking to hop from one anticoag product to this one. Phone interview was so horrendous I had to not waste any more time with these clowns. Refused to be considered for a face to face when it was apparent that they had no plan, no experience, no clue, and no $ to reward my risk.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you actually LIKE working in an environment where you are considered incapable of creating original thoughts?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? Jnj travel arranged everything and arranged car service. Accepted offer Friday for S.E. Position with 20 days paid for vacay Inc. 2 personal.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice. Congrats! Where is SE? I am waiting to hear something back still.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long did it take to get the offer????......tick tock tick tock