Novaquest vs. others

Discussion in 'Novaquest' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello everyone. I have been applying for sales jobs directly on pharma websites for a while now with no luck. Would someone kindly explain to me the benefits of applying for positions with Novaquest? Also, does Novaquest differ in any way from other contract sales companies? Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

would someone please reply? I would very much appreciate it since I know very little about contract sales.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the pharma industry is never ending changing giving no one safety for long-term careers. novaquest establishes contracts with companies as lilly, amgen, abbott, and int'l breakthru biotech companies. these contracts are solid and good salaries and perks. once contract is over you may roll over to company or start new contract. it seems a good fit for a person that wants security and challenge these days. novaquest has 10 years of establishing sales forces for different companies so experience is key. novaquest continues to grow and i believe the word is getting out more about novaquest and opportunies. I would highly suggest you apply. goodluck! lastly and most important people are happy at novaquest.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets see how many things are wrong here.....
    Novaqust was started in it's curtain form 4 years ago.
    Yes, we have a marketing agreement with lilly, we own a percentage of Cymbalta. The more Cymbalta sells, the more Novaquest makes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few more incorrect statements not already mentioned:
    line 2-"...long term careers": at least with Pharma you have a chance at a long-term career. Reality:With Novaquest, your "career" ends at the end of the contract. You don't get "rolled over" and rarely are placed with another contract.
    line 4-"..contracts are solid and good salaries and perks".: Reality: the contract is "solid" until it ends. Then you are on your own. As for good salaries and perks: your base will be 20k or more less than working direct and doing the same thing as they do. Also, 2 weeks of vacation is NOT my idea of good perks.
    line 5-"..once contract is over you may roll over to company.." That is a huge myth that I cannot believe people still try to pull over on you. It's V-E-R-Y rare. There is no reason for a company to "roll" you over when they can use your services for much less and not have to worry about benefits, pension, raises and all the other costs to employ a person.
    line 6-blah, blah, blah.."challenge". Yes, it is a "challenge" having to experience the micro managing that occurs with this company. Someone (or many people) didn't get the memo that Novaquest is a contract company and not Big Pharma--enough with the micromanaging. It's not only that, but they run things so ass-backward, everything has to done immediately and usually several times and they change, tweak and f' things up. It's fine to micro manage if you pay Big Pharma money--if you don't, then get out of our @ss.
    line 10-"people are happy at Novaquest". For the rare few who don't have a spineless, weasel of a manager--yes, I'm sure it can be a job that makes you happy. Otherwise, it's not a good place. DON'T take a job here unless you've exhausted all other opportunities. The shitty pay and 2 weeks vacation really aren't worth the aggravation.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how long is a contract usually for? Also, when you say "low pay", how much are you talking about for base and bonus?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay- most contracts would pay around 65K with bonus average- not terrible.
    The benefits and vacation do suck- all of our lilly partners start out with more vacation and holidays than we have.
    Training- pass the same tests as their regular empolyees, but count on half the time to master the material - good thing that Novaquest generally hires senior reps so this is not difficult. My lilly partner had 3 months of training before she hit the field - I had 2 weeks. Unbelievable.
    Good gig? Yes, it can be. It is a job- and in this market it is saying a lot.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The #6122 Contract (Lilly) ends December 2009. Ask when the contract ends when interviewing, NOT how long it is. They'll say it is three years, but find out when the three year (or two years, one year, etc.) contract started.
    Bonus can be $1000 per quarter on the low end, with an average about $3000 per quarter.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is pharma sales experience required? I have an excellent academic record, am a hard worker, and I know a lot about the industry...is it still worth it for me to apply and take a chance or should I not even bother? I do notice some entry-level positions posted on the website. It's really hard breaking into the industry these days, but someone recently recommended contract sales to me as a good starting point. If you really don't think this is possible, what is the best place for someone new to the industry these days?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SOME, not many, but a few companies are looking for the young, few years out of college type. Because they want to train them their own way. CSO's are a great place to break in - so keep trying but have another job as it may take a year or more. I heard the Purdue, Innovex contract they wanted inexperienced reps - check that out. Every job and ever company has diffrent things they want so there is a place for all types.
    GOOD LUCK!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the prostrakan contract is unique and sounds like great opportunity?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For someone like me just out of college, is it best to apply online or should I be getting some type of referral from a novaquest employee? Also, once contacted, how long can the interview process take from start to finish? Thanks for your help.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, every contract is different. If you know someone you can use as a referral & knows you - by all means do. Otherwise, you MUST follow the established process throught the web site. Just the way it is and the process they WANT you to follow.

As far as Prostrakan - that is for experienced rep's. Be sure to read the requirements for each job posting. If you don't have what they want - they will not be contacting you so no sense wasting anyones time.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please excuse the spelling above - in hurry. Time to interview depends on contract.

For someone just out of college - they usually want to see some (2 yrs)outside sales experience. Again, read the requirments and apply as appropriate........they are certain contracts that like new grads as well. Good luck and keep trying. Quintilles is a good company to work for in my experience.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea how to find out which openings are for which companies? The online job postings do not mention companies by name, so I don't know where purdue is looking to hire. I am from the philly area.

Just out of curiosity, which company is looking for urology experience...i see a few job posts that say this would be a plus

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, after working with Novaquest for 3 years they copy other companies they work for on how to detail doctors , whether it works or not. Just before Abbott cancelled the contract with Novaquest they hit everyone with PA rating due to poor market levels on products. Generics were as high as 73%, with the economics they wanted us to jump in front of the doctor and shove information down thier throats. Well, doct pushed back. The paradigm for southeastern Michigan has changed and their training mechanism was default applications. They do not have the power to change what the company they have a contract with. You are a cousin through this type of contract. And frankly the pharmaceutical companies are all very negative now, the industry is dying. Look someplace else for a job. That is what I am doing. Good luck.