Future of Hospital division

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is what I know:
    If tolvaptan is approved for adpkd on Sept 3, all is good! Chances of that happening around about 1 percent
    If delayed less than 6 months, all is good! Chances of this happening ~10 percent
    Delayed longer than 1 yr, we are having a MASSIVE layoff. ~89 percent

I just ask you to look objectively at this situation and try and tell me why there would be no lay-offs? YOU CAN'T!!!

I am not telling you to leave. I am imploring you to prepare. I am fortunate to have a spouse that works, so this will not be nearly as devastating. Others I know are the sole source of incomes for their family. Save money, make a budget and do not be caught off guard. If I am wrong, you lose nothing and have some extra $$$ around. If I am right, you will wish you had followed my advice.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prepare wisely...do not leave prematurely if there is a decent package in the mix.
    Good luck everyone!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Otsuka is a private company in US. I don't think they have to provide a severance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No company "has" to provide a severance. Otsuka did when they laid off the first time in hospital. Not sure what the terms were. Does anyone else know?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there was a super great management at the time and they cared about the reps and they only laid of the bottom 20% which was 8-9 reps now we are so over sized 20% is 40-50 people and a completely different upper management- good luck getting anything more than a month or 2 I wouldn't wait for the package` worry about having a job

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I realize there are only about 25 of us left that launched Samsca but we are all so tired of how much the rest of you complain. We have been doing programs (many of use over 100) and promoting for HN for almost 5 years ----you have nothing to complain about---grow up stop your whining and stop waiting for your hand out---yes you have invested almost 2 or 3 years selling Samsca good for you. How does that equal a package?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's right--a super upper management. Beshad Sheldon was the best. A COO who cared.A magnet for talent (hiring and retaining), a brilliant mind with a warm heart.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hospital division future 7 days and counting......

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No kidding here. Do the math? 190 reps. $100 million in sales. Nothing coming. I think they will take 3 sales forces, cut back to a manageable amount to cover limited dollars that will come in post -Abilify.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why r they interviewing reps now if they don't think new indication will be approved?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call HR, expansion on hold. Taking resumes but interviews halted. Go back and look at panel recommendation. No chance of approval in next 18 months.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention label change will scare off docs from making a big option. I hope it gets approved and does well. $100 million dollar products can't support 190 reps. It's a reality and not gossip.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. we are in trouble

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was interviewing for a position and a few weeks ago my recruiter called to say the process is in a "holding pattern" they did not elaborate as to why. They said the process may pick back up in September.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya maybe September of 2016

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BYE BYE MISS AMERICAN PIE, DROVE MY CHEVY TO THE LEVY BUT THE LEVY WAS DRY. Could things be any more clear or should I bust out in another tune???

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the word that half of the 190 Reps will be laid off? Or re task to other sales teams? Job market is not good.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please, bust out with some show tunes, complete with a youtube hyperlink showing you leading a marching band.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PKD is a no go. I am flooding the market with resumes all weekend...