Q2 Goals

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2014 at 9:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Getting harder and harder to make any money here.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Pay per RX model is flawed big time and all good reps are going to leave. They won't make adjustments, either. Whoever is holding into the hope of that will be disappointed. Wait and see.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my goals are pretty high! the only thing i have a chance of hitting is Trav Z

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is a joke. That's why I'm interviewing

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No money. No motivation. Goals that we were already struggling to make went up 50 percent. They will try to explain it away by explaining the goal setting process. That explains the how but doesn't touch the why- why would you demotivate your sales team through unobtainable goals and no money? I'm sorry that I was stupid enough to buy off on their sell job that this year would be better. This comp plan doesn't pay out. Should have known better. Moving on.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right! It is sadly time to move on. I almost feel like this is what they want. My goals are insanity even my Travatan Z goal. I used to love working here but today I am starting to look elsewhere, can not support the family with these goals.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah what a joke Q2 goals are. For Trav Z to jump as high as it will be month over month is insane....what a way to "correct" the national MVP high it has been on...talk about hero to zero. Hello Quarterly goal setting: Hit all the people with high MVPs with crazy goals to knock them down to sub-par...thats so very motivational isn't it? Do they really think branded PGAs are going to grow this much in this climate???? WAKE UP HOME OFFICE, and put the focus on us instead of "the duty to shareholders" for once. And as for Simbrinza...WOW...is the total year-end 2013 and Q1 '14 national performance not enough to tell you that you've been over-ambitous in goal-setting as it is? And to throw salt on the wound for Q2 goal-setting is just absolutely pissing everyone off to the point that its demotivating....WAKE UP!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they do not care period...short term thinking with short term answers yet by God that stock number looks great! How does it feel to make nothing working your ass off while the shareholders continue to roll around on their greasy fat asses on your money....the monkeys and yes men/women at home office are so desparate to keep their jobs safe they will do anything to keep the masters at nvs happy....anything...including lying to you over and over and over....please no really there are no lay offs coming..i dont know what those rumors are about...no really I"M diifferent and I'll listen and make change...hahahahahahahah that is the biggest joke of all...the VP's have Zero and i mean zero authority and or ability to make change....they are simply pathetic pawns in the spiral of death this once great company is in.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wake up idiots. The high stock price is because Alcon is making money hand over fist. High goals control the #1 expense, you as an employee!

Alcon use to be a performance based company that paid well. Now they just pay like crap.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They didn't pay that well pre-Novartis. It was decent but I wouldn't say "well."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow well said and that is exactly what is happening...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am starting to look actively. The sad part is I truly like what I do. I just can't support my family on my base plus a few thousand a qtr. Its been a good ride. See ya Alcon.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. This place has officially jumped the shark.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon has decided not to pay this year. It's that simple.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Happy my base is $92,000

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and I am sure you will be the next person to get laid off.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does Alcon get away with their shady goal setting?? Last year we got annual goals in JULY. This year we have quarterly goals so if you're doing well they can screw you-- but if you're not they still raise goals. SO ridiculous. My DM can't even look at me with a straight face & tell me this isn't a joke.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My base is 110 k, who cares about a bonus? 6 figures to do 3 lunches a week and fake the other calls. My DM is such an idiot.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well unlike the last 2 posters I am not a tenured Senior sales rep, so I need to work for a living and my bonus used to be a big part of my income.
    Who else gets the warm and fuzzies from this place........ crickets!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get the hell out of here