Pfizer makes offer for AZ--are we done?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is notorious for cleaning house when they buy companies. If this goes through, I wonder if we are done, or if they might retain some of the diabetes reps, since Pfizer is not currently in that market.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, as soon as they sign the deal.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one knows what will happen with the AZ contracts. We are cheaper than the direct AZ employees. I think they will keep the sales contracts for diabetes products, dump all the CSA contracts (not needed) and see what happens. Who knows...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pascal sent an email that said virtually nothing. In other words, if you are on an AZ contract, you are pfucked. You've got the rest of the year...if you're lucky. All the Wyeth people on AZ contracts must be sh**ting their pants. Not again???!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let 'em shit. It's good for their soul!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WE ARE ALL GONNA GET PHUCKING PHIRED!!!!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They won't tell us anything ahead of time. They'll work us till the bitter end and we'll be gone by years end. No sense in trying to hired on direct anymore. Pfuck!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you jumping to the conclusion that the deal will even happen??

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because companies rely on contract only when the end is near. TRUTH

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummm...Pfizer has used contract as well.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it doesn't look good. The CSA group just went though an alignment and CSAs and DMs lost their jobs. It is such crap because we were just told we were signed to a 2 year contract but in this world it means nothing. The partnership means nothing if/when Pfizer buys AZ.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will be offered severance pay just like the AZ reps will if this deal goes through?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha, not holding my breath for that.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't work for AZ you work for PSS so you won't get a penny in severance. That is the way PSS always works. This is the last stop on the pharma shit train.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both of these contracts are useless. It won't matter if Pfizer buys AZ or not. AZ is acting like its 2001 with all the reps. Rumor is everyone who works for AZ will get Farxiga to sell in the next few months. Docs are already complaining.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nail in the coffin?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So PSS does not have a severance if they end the contract early? I was on an Inventiv contract once and they paid out a few weeks severance.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With PSS there is ZERO severance on every contract, no exceptions. I had to fight with them to get the $100 they owed me for regular monthly expenses after a contract ended. It took almost 3 months and about 5 hours on the phone and emails to finally get them to pay me. This place is truly a cesspool.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on the situation. I was on a pss contract and they laid me off, did my check out, and paid me about 4-6 weeks lump sum including bennies, and my bonus which was pretty decent at the time. Bonus came much later but they did pay it to my surprise. I had a new position shortly after so it worked out but it isn't always the case now.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, getting concerned now. It looks like Pfizer is going for the hostile takeover. And when Pfizer takes over, they cut the non Pfizer people. Is publicis done?