asked for previous w2 forms?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious, another pharma co asking for my past w2 forms....- never been asked for this before. don't they get salary info in background checks anyway

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they don't get that info. You need w2 for proof. Also show your bonus so they know you performed. All should be getting things in order. Update resume, copy all recognitions of service, awards and such. When this takeover happens the employment line is gonna be a long one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks don't they just ask your HR dept what your salary was when they call for background checks. weird to be asking for a w2 , is this common? Ive never had it

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company checks back 10 years and will ask for w-2's or tax returns..

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think asking for w-2's is ridiculous, especially if you are currently underpaid. Say someone with the exact same experience is making 65k and another person going after the same position is making 90k. Is it fair to offer the underpaid applicant 72k, while offering the the 90k rep 100k? Another scenario would be 2 people going after an entry-level position and one applicant making a lot less than the other. The applicant making a lot less has ALOT experience, but will be offered less salary than the less experienced. I believe that if two people are going after the same position, they should be offered the same amount of salary regardless of current salary. I can see paying a higher salary for someone with more experience, but not just because they currently make lower than someone else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Major Companies will give out very limited info on previous employee (legal CYA reasons)..basically dates of hire / departure, job title, location based and would you be available for rehire?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree and this whole w-2 intrusion is a way for them to low ball people.. AZ is filled with box checkers and there are people who take this job very seriously.. The 3rd party background check does preliminary work.. The 3rd party will never ask you for tax returns. It gets handed off to the AZ background check people who take their jobs very seriously..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NEVER EVER show your W2! That is as confidential as your SSN.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spot on, I so agree

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think when they call to doyour backgrounds they can ask what your salary is

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous employers are not allowed to disclose salary info. All previous employer can do is verify employment - start / end date, job title/position.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Google W-2 form, fill it out however you like.. i

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought that too, so I called hr dept and asked what they tell/ give out on a job reference and they do give out salary and dates of employment. that is just ridiculous. nothing is private anymore...