So what does a DM do these days?

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No more expense reports to approve or samples to count. Now you can coach me. You know I can get the same 'coaching' from a training video, and it promotes much better mental health than you sitting in my car for 2 days.

Same for RDs.

You have no power anymore.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FSR1 has all the power, DM's answer to them. Now get back to work and go earn a row of green jackets in your closet like I've got.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please take this opportunity to explain how you make us better. Explain why you & marketing come up with our POAs with no sincere input from the field? Explain how marketing and management are better qualified to tell us in the field how we need to detail doctors. Please.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are the same questions that the management of both companies is asking themselves, right now.

Reps are going to get hit hard but low level management is going to get slaughtered.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management, particularly FPC managers do nothing. The specialty reps do all the teaching, coaching, planning, and motivating at Forest.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only good DMs are the ones who can actually sell. Too many have been promoted especially in SoCal after 1 or 2 good lexapro years.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sit at home, fondle their bung-hole, call other DMs and talk about the size/shape of their BMs, go to Starbucks, have a coffee, suffer from gerd, complain about life and how their division is so hard to run, have a rep resign, have more coffee, meet up with another DM and talk about how annoying their spouse is with a feeble attempt to woo this female DM into a red roof inn, drive home alone, leave a voicemail with a pointless action step for a product that won't be promoted anymore, plan day for tomorrow, have BM, go to bed with sleep apnea machine, wake up and repeat.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM here- leave my sleep apnea out of this

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got it.
    Its the LAZY ones that want to get into management as fast as possible too.

They are the ones that know they can't sell, so they do everything to kiss up to get promoted into management.
    Makes me puke. They were the same ones that the doctors didn't like, their teammates didn't like, and they ones that were terrible at customer service.

Do yourself a favor. If you enjoy selling, get with a company that has a limited management structure. The bigger the management team, the worse the organization.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dm deluxe here! i live in a world of my own spiritual fantasy and roll cheese ball in my mind

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget about trying to seduce your female reps on ride alongs in order to keep your field scores up before layoffs happen. Short skirt and a looooooooooooong jacket!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sr DM here: This is a DISRESPECTFUL post. As a Sr DM with 8+ years at the helm I can state that I have helped many basically moronic REPS make it to the next level. To achieve big bonuses and big raises. I always helped those who worked hard, put in 40+ hrs, reported any trouble makers, exceeded their goals, and did me personal favors.

In hindsight, let me say this: HR has not really helped the DM staff as it has provided a disproportionate number of 'low pots' (low performers) to us, with hideous training. Some could not even write a cogent sentence !! We DMs have therefore had to 'carry the load' for them and cover for their misdeeds, maladies and mischief (the '3 Ms that DMs live with). I never complained as it was part of the job, ie why I earn the big bucks ($250K a year). So be it.

Please refrain from the juvenile and moonic posts against your leadership. They want you to succeed and be an asset to the company!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi there Sr. DM. I am (really am) the OP. Yes!!! It is a disrespectful post. That is because I don't respect you. Simple math here.

Also, Sr. DM, you tell me to be an asset to the company. Trust me, I am working very hard now for Actavis.

What are you doing, Sr. DM?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds, Ok.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who hired those moronic reps? Did they just appear out of thin air? How exactly do you carry the load? You don't make any calls in the field. I highly doubt you move into one of your reps territories and just start calling on doctors? Didn't think so sizzle chest.
    Perhaps it's your skill in assessing talent and competency that are the problem. Maybe because it's all about you in your little world. A small little pathetic world. Sorta like an appendage of yours

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOW & what did you do that they couldn't have done on their own or with any DM taught how to spew company propaganda? Respect is earned.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been asked to put numerous new partners into the territory over my tenure with Forest. I have had a DM fake my ride along Evals, saying he rode for 2 days when he actually never did the ride along. I got good scores and didn't have to go thru stress of the eval, so I'm not complaining. However, that doesn't mean either earned any respect from me in their leadership role. It's that type of DM people are referring to in these threads. Not every DM out there deserves your plea.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr DM: were you born a DOUCHE BAG or have you been working hard at it your ENTIRE MISERABLE EXISTENCE? what a complete tool bag you are!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man a lot of you guys hate your DMs.

Honest question: If so many of you hate your DM why not quit? Why bash them on a random message board? I get that some managers are better than others. But if the bad managers are ones you work for, are you just pissed for one thing the DM did or is it a continuous cycle of their behavior? If it is a continuos cycle, why not leave? What's the point in working here if you're miserable? I am not a DM, but am genuinely curious as to why you stay. Is it because the job market sucks for Forest reps? Is it because you make enough money to put up with your DM? Is it because you're hoping that things will change? I honestly want to know why so many people (on here) hate their DMs but yet stay on the team.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM here: Your question gets RIGHT TO THE POINT. There are 'good' and 'bad' DMs, just like in any large population of employees. I have tried my best to advocate for my field team, gone along on rides, made calls for them, covered for them when sick, recommended them for extra bonuses, etc. Within our ranks (of DMs) I know of some who actually (believe it or not) are lazy, paranoid and feel threatened by their best Reps ! I know that sounds crazy but it is true. My experience is that there are not many DMs in this group. Maybe some posters on this site are unfortunate enough to be working for those poor DMs. In that case I would recommend moving to another area or quitting. Otherwise be nice to your DM and work hard and we will all survive the cutbacks down the road.