Compound creams?

Discussion in 'Endo' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*Atlanta area, not are.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am recently on board with a company called QmedRX. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with them?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummm...yeah...you do since you are "recently on board with them"...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You chose very poorly

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this clown still around. Heard Supreme kept trying to move biz from pharmacy to pharmacy as they don't actually own one. Are they still open?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW, what is with the RUDE attitude. I posed a SIMPLE question about experience with a company that I recently began with! I did not see ONE mention of QmedRX on the board and thought it was interesting and worth inquiring with this network. BACK UP your vague response! I would like to connect with anyone who has had an experience negative OR positive with them. Please share!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried with moderate success ...

Earlier in the year i found this upthread:

I emailed, called, and eventually met with Jennifer and her group. They are good people, but hey - I am not a Beauty Queen. Plus, I did not have a business model that compensated doctors. For me it was harder than I assumed. I have to admit also that my book of business are made up of doctors that are cardiologists. I thought I could really do well with the scar creams, but sadly to my surprise, there were only a few takers. So, in my case, I did not find a pot of gold - just some extra money. I guess there is nothing wrong with that!

The guys that are really racking up are medical device reps with good contacts with orthos. I am not one of them. If I were, I definitely would enlist with a good group. I thought this was suppose to end, or blow up, but everything seems to be going along for those that know what they are doing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the infomercial Jennifer..loser..paying Dr.s , gives us all a bad name. Go recruit for your shady pharmacy elsewhere

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm helping some investors with a pain cream biz. I was telling them a good "go rate" for referrals is about 35-40%. They tell me it should be higher.

Any of you have experience in SC, GA and NC?

Also, is Medicaid paying for these in those 3 states?

Thanks

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes in South Florida. Not impossible to do without personal relationships with a Dr. just easier… Pay can vary are you still looking?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been having pretty good luck with the compounds. However, the foundations willing to help with co-pays seem to be dwindling. Anyone know of any good foundations or other avenues to help with co-pays?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope everyone still thinks compounding is going away and not getting into it. More $$ for me. Just bought my lake house with the proceeds. My manager actually has no idea. I told him my wife inherited some money.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in Michigan and wondering if anyone that is having a positive experience selling compound creams could recommend a company to pursue. Thanks!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a pharmacist that has been in compounding for 10 years and currently manage a large pharmacy. I try to keep current on industry news and have seen a lot of changes. If anyone has questions I will give you an honest answer. I have no interest in using this forum for recruiting or promotion and will remain anonymous. Ask me anything and I will check this forum a few times a week.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your services...

Is the scar gel & pain cream reimbursements coming to an end? Or will it just be on a lower scale for financial opportunities?

Why are compound pharmacies starting to W2 employees instead of 1099?

What is your knowledge and thoughts about genetic testing labs with 1099 reps and the opportunity financially,

Thanks!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the last 3 or 4 years my friends on the payer side have said reimbursements are on the brink of getting slashed, but as time went on it didn't happen. Everyone got really worried last year when Tricare gave notice they were no longer paying for compounds, but ended up deciding against it and still pay. Now it's express scripts (who administers the Tricare drug benefit) that is planning to stop reimbursement. Will they follow through? I don't know. Many patients really benefit from compounded topicals, but costs have gotten out of control. I think (hope) most PBMs continue to cover but set reimbursements to reasonable amounts. This would be easy to do and would probably eliminate most folks not playing by the rules.

The W2 vs 1099 debate is pretty complicated. Short answer, a W2 employee can be considered "bonafided" in the eyes on the OIG and (with the employer) have a protected "safe harbor" status. This is important because when dealing with federal money (Tricare, Medicare) it is not legal to pay a commission to 1099 rep. A W2 employee is just a safer option when dealing with federal payers. This is a very grey and debated topic among compounders and attorneys - if you ask 10 different attorneys you will get 10 different answers about this issue.

Genetic testing / toxicology / compounding is a pretty good match since the call points are somewhat similar. We have a few folks that do both and the money is pretty good. We have been approached a few times for partnership opportunities, but haven't worked with any. I'm sure there are some great people in genetic testing and tox - but I haven't met any that I would want to go into business with.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There certainly seems to be changes on the horizon with express scripts announcing they will no longer reimburse for compounds. I am very lucky to be with a company that has been preparing for this day. We have new products for pain that are currently being approved 65% with an average reimbursement of $1,800. Wound and scar products will be released in the next 30 days. If anyone is interested in learning more, feel free to contact me here
    montyinformd at yahoo dot com.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please contact me at montyinformd at yahoo dot com. I can share with you some very important info.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr. Pharmacist,

Can you verify whether insurance coverage for these topical pain creams is declining across the board? I read conflicting info- some so-called reps are saying that yes, coverage is down, yet they still make a "killing," while other people are saying it's practically starvation time.

What is the truth regarding insurance coverage?

Also, if you have a sales team promoting for your pharmacy, what is the AVERAGE commission pay (per month) that is being paid out?

Thanks for your insight.