Sales Reps are doing a decent job

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems there has been one critical view point after another regarding the Vivus sales reps. Let me say that I am not employed by Vivus and I have never been employed by Vivus.

I think the bashing of the sales reps have been out of line. Given the small foot print, the fact that the average use of Qsymia is about 3-10 months, and the lack of insurance coverage I think the reps have done a decent job in a difficult situation.

So all of you unhappy people that have nothing better to do than complain, I suggest you get a life.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When are circle of excellence winners getting to move over ? Seems like some communication would have come across email by now! Just another well thought out Vivus plan once again .

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never, company will be sold and PDI will say your gone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this why the sudden change in the comp plan! Looks like they won't have to pay us if they end contract.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BINGO!! I asked my pdi manager about us getting another contract signed. Has not happened. Told to just do my job. Again, upper keeps getting bonus money, us nothing. You know I do a great job for this company. I better be rewarded like others soon.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope someone addresses this concern but Ill be basically asleep for this 7:00am CC.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can they legally not pay us if they end the contract?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are about to get two free weeks with pay, insurance will end on that day, car picked up within 48hrs. But remember, Vivus loves you!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why you get screwed when you work for contract companies. Everyone gets paid out but the reps, I have been through this before. This post is dead on accurate, a couple weeks of pay and your insurance is gone at end of the month. Look what you have to show for working on this contract, no severance pay, no insurance ( head to Obama care ), car is gone, gas card is gone ( gas now almost 4.00 a gallon ) are both gone immediatley, stock price is horrible, and the launch was a total failure. Guess you all should have known this was huge cluster f...k based on the interview process that took place a few years back.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working in contract is better than not working at all.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right.....working contract sales in pharmaceuticals is the way of the future. There is significantly less risk for the manufacturer. For those that do not like the idea of a 'contract' I do not blame them, but they may want to look into a profession other than pharmaceutical sales.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Starting to get a bad feeling, how much longer can this go on before we get laid off?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you from a PDI/Vivus rep who has been on board since day one and doing the best job I possibly can. Qsymia is a great drug. I've never worked harder in my pharma career but I've also never felt this satisfied with the work that I've been doing. Even the company is looking to blame the reps because they don't want to accept the obvious. Patients have become accustomed to paying $5-50/mo. on average for their prescription drugs. Even with $75 off per month, the cash paying patient is at the very least paying $110/month for Qsymia. Until there is universal managed care coverage with employer groups NOT carving out obesity as non-covered we are going to have a problem with people willing to pay out of pocket. Most patients just don't want to pay, plain and simple. Belviq is in the same boat with managed care. Their sales aren't good either.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct. I just had a dr tell me his wife, with voucher is paying over $150/month and it works but they can't afford for her to stay on it. If he can't afford it, how can the general public? The vouchers should be $100 off since the new price increase. Price is the only thing holding Q from blowing up. Drs are hearing cplaints all day long and are getting frustrated.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just had a dr today that said didnt I just see you the other day. I said yes sir. So why are you here again so soon? I said my company wants me to see you and discuss the great benefits of Qsymia twice a week. We are calling it play ball. He replied and said, tell your F------ company that I don't play ball and until you lower the damn price I will never RX your product again. He said I'm going to start making reps come in by appt only starting next week. Thank you Vivus for making my life so miserable. This is the saddest company that I have ever worked for. I'm trying to get out but times are hard. I will keep looking.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

glad to see you have such a great relationship with your customers. you must have done a really good job in proving you can be valuable to them. no wonder it is so easy for me to be considered good here.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you think seeing your customers twice a week is a good thing? What a dumbass you are!! How's it going Chris. Glad to know you are alive. Bye the way, it doesn't matter how good a relationship you have with Dr. They are busy and don't have time for this play ball crap.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you 100%. I have talked with my physicians and explained how we are being treated. I'm seeing them either once or twice a month and recording them in my computer twice a week. If they get called my offices have my back. I will not let vivus ruin my reputation with my offices. So give vivus what they want and we will do what we need to do.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone please tell me how much money Vivus really paid for this piece of crap HUB initiative? My manager tells us daily that so much was invested and whats at stake. Really? Maybe someone should be made accountable and should have called some other pharma big wigs to see if it worked or not before investing. Now its time to blame the reps on another BS idea that they bought and never tested. These have to be the worst upper managers in the history of pharma.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

State of Vivus
    Major disappointment and sad for all employees . Could have been job of lifetime but management completely screwed up launch and everything since .