Managers that are now reps how are they as teammates?

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Derito?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots Of oil sales in North Dakota, wonder if pharma sales are as good as the Oil sales? new series called Fargo started last week.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have a former manager in our district. I've been really impressed how she has become part of the team. Welcome addition.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto just makes our team stronger, lucky to have the talent.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have 3 former managers on our team and it sucks. They try to co-manage the team, try to run the meetings and talk constantly on the conference calls which makes them run long.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers as reps- biggest sham going... They should've been incentivized to leave-

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They were most of them did

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they didn't. They are almost all CAS or MH reps now. They are looking for jobs outside of Lilly but don't seem to be able to find one. They know they were put in those divisions because they are going to be dissolved. The ones I know want to get out as soon as possible before they get cut.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So If the majority of former DSM's landed in divisions like CAS, why aren't they making plan??? You'd think with all those strong skills they brought with them into new roles. Just wondering if it was worth the salary/benefit package? If we are assessing ROI these days....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's how dissolving those divisions will be justified. They will give them to PC because they weren't hitting plan anyway and they were too expensive. Lilly doesn't want them to make plan.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funnily I feel sorry for the demoted managers who probably had no other options. This is how HR works....As in Chinese culture, they take the long term view. Suppose there was not enough dirt to fire some managers. Rather than pay severance, why not offer a role at a lower level....and likely on the same salary that they were on before but frozen until the rates for the rep job caught up (which, by the way, will never happen!) Most demoted managers will get so demoralized over the next couple of years that they will resign and good Ol' Lilly has no responsibility for compensation, pension health care etc. As ever the Flower wins!
    When I was there is was called re-allocation. Some things don't change.
    Moral of the story is take what you can, and get out. No matter what, the Lilly system will still see you screwed

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spent over 10 years in the industry, and took two years off. Less pay, but much better situation, more autonomy, better long term career.

Well, Lilly is hiring in my area and I almost applied. Then I read this and other posts, and I was reminded just how TOXIC this industry really is...so I changed my mind.

You are right. It is the Hr, and Management and POD structure that just destroyed this industry.

thanks for reminding me. I am officially all done with this once fun and great industry. We can all thank the greed of the management team for creating this monster.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's she doing modeling her exceptional VBS skills in the DBU? She did it so well in NS:)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask any CAS rep- they got stuck with all the former managers on their teams.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have 2 and I wish we had 4, really enjoy how they help all in our district. As far as numbers, it takes time and we will see the cream rise to the top. lucky to have em on our team.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Something I have noticed is the manager on my team is quiet and is not a no it all. This has been very well received and has helped our team come together. Glad to have her on the team. We are stronger because of her.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having a demoted manager on your team helped your team come together and made it stronger? What kind of mess was your team in before?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly!! Let's not forget what they were.. DEMOTED. I can't imagine that must feel too good? And of you look at the profiles of those they are reporting to now- less experienced and tenured- real morale booster for all:) I'd like to be on one of those teams! No thanks!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's reevaluate. They were NOT demoted. They CHOSE to take a rep job. Let's give these people the respect they deserve. They could have CHOSE to leave Lilly for a huge chunk of money but didn't. Give them some respect.

You disgust me.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth really hurts:(