Question for Hospira Reps

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When Abbott split you off into a new company, did you get to take your accrued vacation time over to the new company or did you have to start all over?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be just like starting over, new titles, new area, new salary, new this new that, benefits will most likely be at a starting point as if you left abbott and went to work for pfizer. So....You got a head start to look for a job elsewhere if you dont like it...Happy Holidays you crazy silly detail men and women.........

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you a Hospira rep that was there? You don't sound like it. I would like a real answer from someone who was there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me put it this way: you won't have much to be thankful for if you are "lucky" enough to still be employed after the split.
    Total game reset.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THEN WHY DON'T YOU GO TO THE HOSPIRA BOARD, YOU MORON!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did. Haven't gotten a response yet. A lot of the old time Hospira reps have been posting reality for us on this board. MORON!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let me get this straight. You posted on the Hospira board and got no response. You posted Hospira questions on the Abbott board and might have gotten one response from someone who didn't sound like a Hospira rep.

And now you are asking again for some creaky old Hospira reps to post "reality" here? The last people I would want trying to define reality are old, crusty reps from ANY company.... they can't stand the changes that have past them by because they haven't kept pace.

I think you are nuts. Worse, you have no balls, because if you did, you would define your OWN reality.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think any of us can define our own reality while working at Abbott? What crack pipe have you been smoking? Any I bet you are about 32 or younger and think you know it all. Older reps have been around and know the score. Get ready because Abbott will SCREW you royally when the companies split.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry. Wrong on all accounts. I am 62, with the company for 30 years next month, and I don't smoke crack. I do, however, adapt quickly and very successfully to change. Abbott has never "screwed me"; to the contrary, my career has gone very nicely, thank you very much. Too bad you are sooo bitter, and can't get a better grasp on your life.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sir are OLD! As in fart. 98% of your illustrious career has been in the golden days of old. Pharma companies in those days made more money then they knew what to do with. If you live long enough to be around for the 2012 fireworks, see how wonderfully you are treated. I have a great idea. DO NOT retire prior to the company split coming up in 2012. If you are so confident of Abt's fair treatment of their employees, take a chance. LOL watch them change the minimum retirement age to 65 and you get fucked by being 3 years short with the clock stopped by them upon the new co. forming. Wouldn't that make your pie hole shut tight?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm 55, was around for the old days, and I'm quite a realist as to what Abbott plans to do with us all and it isn't good. This 62 year old guy is a dreamer AND he is lucky he has survived the layoffs in order to adapt. Those days are so gone. I wish him well but we are all about to go on quite a roller coaster ride.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You better retire, if you are 62 and have 30 years you are pirme to retire, if you have to work at this point you are a moron...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"seasoned" Hospira Rep here:

15 years with Abbott HPD, then the crapper called Hospira:
    4 weeks vacation time with HSP first year, same as last year with Abbott.

in the context of things....the vacation time was just a crumb.....that they proudly gave us.
    we didn't even think about that...benefit change from Abbott to Hospira was like the difference you feel when you drive a cadillac all your life and now you have to drive a 15 year old rusty fiat....with a woman in the passenger seat that weighs 326lbs, who has a moustache.

(we hospira reps that lost our health care retirement and pension freeze, still have to work beside Dilbert, the 32 yr Abbott Rep posting her...90% retired...they actually had to start working when Hospira became whatever it is....decided to stay in retirement and retire).

Hospira reps work in a hostile work enviornment and will not answer. Im retired.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure You Are

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The old timer Grey Beards have something newbies don't It's 25-30 years worth of 401k deducted every week along with a Generous Abbott match. $1.3 Million is average You newbies will never see accumulated wealth Sustaining 10 years is nearly impossible now days Pharma on rep side is Doomed
    '

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plus we made double what newbies did, and controlled our own destiny

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we had something the customers really wanted: a relationship and service. Unheard of these days.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would do both.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The question wasn't "what you would do"! No wonder Abbott dumped this division

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm