Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's January..... What rumors are in the works?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recorded on the Abbott phone: True story. Names changed.

“Did you know?”
    “What?
    In a whisper “ Joan is sleeping with Ed”
    “You’re kidding!”
    “It’s true. Roy told me.
    “How did Roy know?”
    “Maureen told him”

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF ???? I don't get it. I know what the ADC guy does is Neal and Bob under Dunkys belt

4. Shawn1428

Shawn1428 Guest

I work night shift at the Nepean, Ontario, Canada facility, I've worked at Abbott for almost 12 years now.....and they laid off 2 on our shift, I was offered a pay grade level under me or a package not sure what I'll do......if i do take the package we have to sell our house, and i'll have to jump into the of unknown....try to go to school full time and hopefully unemployment will pay......I have to see a credit councillor and unemployment and ask them questions.....
    So the company wants 5 people on each night shift, a skeleton crew.....seems like the company is slowly going under or are they cleaning up to get ready to sell?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

APC had layoffs yesterday, Molecular today...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs in LC R&D

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why there are new equipment in the pipeline for Abbott Diagnostics. In the hematology the Sapphire model is a dog and out classed by ALL competitors. Abbott can't even give these away. The other products are dated. Working at Abbott is like playing Musical Chairs. when the music stops you hope there is an empty seat next to you to sit down. I know several folks who would say stuff like : " Oh well, we can get along without (whatever name of the person laid off). Then when it was their turn you hear : " it is different when they got laid off". So when it is their turn to go to the gallows it is unfair but when it is someone else that person did not measure up to Abbott Standards etc.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems all the displaced reps and plant people post on cp after they no longer work here Wonder why

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is APC
    Automated Process Computers
    I thought Abbott already outsourced
    LC -- Liquid Chromatography
    Are they merging with Agilent LC Systems

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apc=Abbott point of care. ( aka I-STAT division)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes you are correct. This is a match made in heaven.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like to see what is happening at Abbott and every time I read the forum I feel grateful I that I accepted a job at Sysmex. Taking accounts from Abbott is like taking candy away from a baby. Even my Competition says the same thing to me (Roche, Seimens, Bechman Coulter.
    I am making 1 7/10 my pay at Abbott and and take enjoyment with every account I take away (I mean Rescue) I see myself as doing the Customer a service getting them quality service.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure you are pal, No go have another drink, take your medication and sleep it off !