Pension Plan

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still thinking your pension is backed by the gov't??? Think again. News today says that fund is 62 billion UNDER funded and warned that the program will not be there much longer. Probably Obama is going to hand it over to the immigrants and the "poor".

Think twice my friends about lump vs pension. The redistribution of wealth is under way!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. You are part of the management team that oversaw Remoxy.

9. You are part of the management team that oversees AL02.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

W/L was never offered a lump sum. HR told us for 2 years they would "harmonize" the plans...another lie.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I choose the annuity over the lump sum and a month after retirement I die while fcuking a hooker, do my kids get any money?

If I choose the lump sum over the annuity and a month after retirement I die while fcuking a hooker, do my kids get any money?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The way I look at the lump has to do with how big is it going to be. Do I take a $5300/month annuity or take a lump that is north of $1.5 million. A conservative investment portfolio with a targeted return of 5% will generate approximately $75,000/year. As long as you are not stupid and keep a conservative diversified portfolio you should be able to beat the annuity and leave a nice inheritance for your kids (without jeopardizing the principle).

Once your lump starts hitting over a million it's hard to say no.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lump is always better than annuity especially if you work for a bompany like Pfizer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retired for over 5 years. Took the lump sum. Have more money now than when I started. Key is to get a good investment broker. Never pay above 1%.60% in bonds,ect. 40% in equities. Market always wins in long run. Annuities suck unless you have millions and only as a hedge. Take the lump.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No

Yes

if the hooker is your wife, then she gets it in both scenarios....twice.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get an annuity, a a hooker wife, you get screwed two ways from Sunday! At least the hooker give you some pleasure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if this option will be offered again?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only possible if there is a buyout and that looks unlikely.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just received a pension buyout letter. Was with Pfizer for 6 years. Did anyone else receive one?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure you did

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, for a million five, but have to sigh by July 1

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha guess thats a no...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just received a pension buyout letter. Ex W-Lambert, left in 2002.won't give me my number until July 10th.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I got it too.
    Buying the pension obligation down,
    With all the cash on hand.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did get letter and they said I could have exact buyout Amount after July 10

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know which actuarial table they use and what interest rate ?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fidelity would know. Whatever the interest rate is, you can be sure it will be rising in the future and therefore your lump sum buyout (if offered again) will probably be less than it will be now.