abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like somebody did not make the cut and can't move past the reality that they were not good enough for ADC.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know for sure there is no new products in the Pipeline as I am one of the few remaining workers in the plant. I am busy cleaning out the lockers of the men and woman who got laid off. Abbott is renting out the space to other companies. Real Sad. The only way they have new products is if they are buying out an existing company and stamping their name on it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott is just another corporation run to make a profit. Nothing wrong with that in principle, the world's major corporations all behave in a similar way and it is naïve to believe otherwise.

But Abbott should realise how ridiculous they sound when they claim the organisation is "special". The salaries they pay are average at best, the career progression non-existent (promotion depends who you know) and loyalty to employees zero, just like any other corporate organisation.

If you want a decent deal from Abbott, start a small medical device company and get them to buy you out for a ridiculously inflated price. Don't make the mistake of staying on to work for them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so wrong on this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many were cut? I know of about four.

Not much said about it here at ADC. In the fall of 2013 ADC RIFed most of the sales and marketing staff (about 130) and management was quite about it. I should start looking for a new job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miles has already made his money off of Therasense and then some. If the Bayer unit is selling for about $2B then MW could off load ADC for half that and still have done well....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Screw Miles. I want to know if I will still have the ability to buy Italian Leather Jackets?

Dunky

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True but would you buy ADC for $1 billion if you had the cash ?

I wouldn't. More like $500 million. And then consolidate all operations from 3 sites to one, replace all of the senior management and fire two thirds of total staff.

And this would be far easier and far cheaper to do with new owners. In fact, I doubt it would be possible for Abbott to do it as they would fire the good workers and keep the bad. Venture Capital would most likely make better decisions.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bwahahahaaaaa Pfffft...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eddy Fiorentino is coming back to lead ADC back to the promise land!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know who would go, but you are correct about 2/3. Minimal R&D, Minimal sales and mktg, minimal everything because this is a commodity business. Strip it down (pun intended) and make what you can for a few more years.

Better technology is on the way and Abbott, Roche, J&J, and Bayer will not be part of it. They won't spend the money to compete with the new guys.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bayer just layed off half their reps. Only 40 left in the country. Your next to be layed off Schilk, slivka, Leeds, your careers are over and your money will run dry begging on the streets for food you greedy pigs who do nothing all dqy but collect a fat paycheck while pretending to work for a mqchine that runs itself and a blow up doll can do.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sir Dunky has basically shut down Bayer. Other meter companies beware! Dunky's on the offense and turning a new product loose on the market.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YAH!!!HAAAA!!HA!HA!HA! Dunky is full of shit. ADC is also full of shit and is collapsing as I write. HA!HA!HA!YAH!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes karl we know ... Duncan is your hero. He goes on offense like Zac Efron or Johnny Depp: a pussy. He's been on offense since he came here. Generally offense is defined as moving forward. Looks like ADC sales and market share has been in reverse ...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just ask Bayer how they feel about ADC after ADC put a beat down on them.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! A "beat down"? Woof! Woof again!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup old school arse whipping. ADC Wildcats Baby!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To "arse whip" someone, wouldn't there have to some measure or evidence to support such a claim? Like, oh, let's say, market share? Or dollar sales?