Training help

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Nov 14, 2014 at 9:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone out there who can share on the good and bad of training?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need comprehensive training on drinking the vodka and kegs of beer at our convention every year. This is very important.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the nutrition group training as compared to the other divisions?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Therapeutic (adult) nutrition training is run by egomaniacal, out of touch women who could not sell water in a desert. Their method is to bombard the reps with days of pre-work before meetings, 8am-6:15 work sessions for days at a time, useless role plays, and now bi-weekly webinars.

Relationship building is not in their vocabulary and they really believe HCPs are willing to listen to, and fight the administration for the BS we ask of them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haaaaaaa!

Sounds like the maniacal Marcie is at it again. Glad she's over in therapeutics now.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got it my friend!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You left out the idiotic certifications. Not that certification is all bad but their method is. They are not concerned whether the rep knows the material and can present it in a convincing, professional manor. Rather, in their minds, it must be presented the way they think it is right. Their words, their phrases, their closes, etc. Deviation from their script leads to failure. To them, a presentation to a doc in Lubbock General Hospital is the same as one in Harvard Medical Center.

A friend of mine who is a multi-TPC winner was doing a certification using an actual account. There were slides in the deck that were supposed to be used in the presentation. Using that slide, as it appeared, made no sense as the information was inappropriate for her account. She modified it to be correct and it looked the same as the original but just had the correct info. She made a great presentation (I was there) yet failed because she altered the slide! The trainer didn't even have the decency to tell her that in the review. She found out later when she received the paper.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[QUOTE
    =Anonymous;5272630]You left out the idiotic certifications. Not that certification is all bad but their method is. They are not concerned whether the rep knows the material and can present it in a convincing, professional manor. Rather, in their minds, it must be presented the way they think it is right. Their words, their phrases, their closes, etc. Deviation from their script leads to failure. To them, a presentation to a doc in Lubbock General Hospital is the same as one in Harvard Medical Center.

A friend of mine who is a multi-TPC winner was doing a certification using an actual account. There were slides in the deck that were supposed to be used in the presentation. Using that slide, as it appeared, made no sense as the information was inappropriate for her account. She modified it to be correct and it looked the same as the original but just had the correct info. She made a great presentation (I was there) yet failed because she altered the slide! The trainer didn't even have the decency to tell her that in the review. She found out later when she received the paper.[/QUOTE]

But if you answer questions correctly you get a gold star and a chance for a Starbucks card!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What certifications are being given out?

To who and by whom?

want to know about switching to this division....in non nuti area now. is everyone in this division a dietician?

Also want to know about training...for new hires what is it like?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds rigid and ineffective. No surprise the division is down in the dumpster....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That pretty well sums it up! Not a happy place right now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is the Abbott way. It is that way in all divisions across the board. If you are a mindless person who can recite facts you get praised. When I was hired about 12 years ago it took me about two weeks to get the drift. I fought hard to help the company and the customers and it wore me out. Now I shrug my shoulders and just collect a paycheck. If customer goes away I do not take it personally and chalk it up to Abbott policy. If I want things to be my way I guess I could just start my own business.

My advice is that if you are creative it is better to go for a smaller company where your creative work is appreciated. Abbott is sort of like the Military or a Government. It takes a lot of hard work and effort to get through all the red tape.

I decided that I do not have the energy or time to waste trying anymore. I just check in..do my job as they outlined and then check out and take care of my family. Once I retire I could care less if the place burned down with all the CEO etc in it. It is just a paycheck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the Therapeutic Nutrition division?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, try reading the above posts. Geez!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a ball and chain existence! Uck!