Everyone's Quitting

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's unbelievable how many people I talk to who want to quit here. Firing people weekly or putting them on a plan sure builds a great atmosphere, huh? Sales territories open all over the place and people quitting within weeks of joining. Nice job guys. This global march to the bottom won't save me since nothing is worth four more years of misery.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The morons in management think we aren't working but the truth is they don't know anything about anything. We could improve on our training and management just by stealing managers from a used car dealership.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because these morons have no idea how to motivate people. If these so called, upper level mangers were NFL coaches, how long would they last?? Managing through fear and intimidation is so outdated.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep answering yourself troll. Your stupidity on sales matters is quite evident
    Stick to the manual labor protocol and GMP in the plants and don't try to speak for sales

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers don't know "anything about anything" OMG, The Plants are in real trouble with dummy's like you Strong backs and weak minds!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Plants are in trouble? So water them.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Am I supposed to laugh now or later Moron ?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My my, can we say "naive"? So, when did you wake up? Just figured out how Abbott has been operating for, oh, the last 20 years? No one cares about moral or "atmosphere", dear. We use PIP's and harassment to force out the undesirables without the cost of severance. "Undesirables" are defined as over 50, nearing 50, reps in the top 2 deciles on compensation, an those the drone serum does not work on (like in Divergent). It's the circle of life in Big Pharma.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now, Sparky.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true to poster #8. If you are nearing 50 there is a huge target on your back.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best is, the people doing the forcing out, have had no success in their own careers. Other than kissing as* on the way up, of course. Ever hear of CYA? That's how they manage.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We do whatever it takes ! Kissing ass works great ' You should have kissed ass, you wouldn't be sitting home all day posting

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I left Abbott in recent history, I had a LOT of people approach me and say that they wanted to leave too. Some have even asked my to put in a good word at my new job.

The problem is not the lower or middle managers - those guys are fantastic and know what's going on. Its once you get to upper management. Vps and whatnot. Completely clueless on what's going on and no desire to learn. They break processes without regard. Anyone who says "hold on , this is a bad idea!" gets put on the next layoff list.

Its the Abbott way!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't have worked too well for you ... sitting home mid-day on Cafe Pharma. But congrats! It's virtually impossible to get fired at Abbott FOR being an ass-kisser. Resume material??

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean the 30 something immature low level managers who have 0 common sense to make their own decisions. God knows how many of those managers are among the clueless that have been hired over the years to lead the troops. It is the norm with this corporation & industry.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you morons like 100? Sitting home? Earth to the elderly and/or dim witted, there are now smartphones. But then again, you probably have a beeper in your pocket, use a Commodore 64 and listen to 8 track tapes LOL

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't knock that ugly hag up ! We don't need another troll jr.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I really do sit home most of the day. I'm in my mid 30's, and Ive been in Sales at Abbott for over 8 years. I have mastered my territory. I have also mastered BS'ing my DM. So it takes me about 3 - 4 hours per day to get the job done. I live in a cold climate, so these days I like to come home, start up a nice fire in the fireplace, and cook dinner for the wife and kids. When the weather is nicer, I'll get in a round of golf several times per week, or meet the wife for tennis.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I really do sit home most of the day. I'm in my mid 30's, and Ive been in Sales at Abbott for over 8 years. I have mastered my territory. I have also mastered BS'ing my DM. So it takes me about 3 - 4 hours per day to get the job done. I live in the South, so these days I like to come home, survey my 2.5 acres, and cook dinner for the wife and kids. You know because Abbott pays everyone the same regardless of whether your taxes are $2K or $25K per year and there is no cost of living adjustments. So my latest bonus of $8k went a really long way even though our district market share is 50% and we have a lot of the WIC contract and I contribute very little. The weather is always pretty nice so I get in a lot of golf , tennis, and surveying my homestead. And the best, my market share went up 2 points to 58 and my RSD likes me, so me and the old lady are off to South America. Only at Abbott. Wooooo Hoooooo.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad thing is that he is speaking the truth. I makes me sick that I work 8 hours a day in my territory. Our share is higher than 58 and we get no respect. They keep asking us for more. This idiot does nothing and is rewarded for it. A tip for our mgt team. I know you are reading this. DO AWAY WITH A DISTRICT BONUS. It doesn't work. A-holes likes this are making a fool of you. Have a nice trip. I hope you get a disease in south america. Not your wife, I like he.