Alcon Fort Worth- to work there or not

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone who works in the FW location for Alcon tell me if they would recommend working there? Why is Alcon hiring so many contractors and extending contracts? Do Contractors become permanent employees?

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't a good place for full time employees. As a contractor, even less so. Run away!

ex-alcon likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're busy but they wont open any new positions. The only way to get hired is if someone quits, retires or dies. Otherwise, its work two years then you're outta here.

ex-alcon likes this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you like following directions, don't have - and don't intend to have - any original ideas or thoughts, buy into the dictum that looking busy is working hard, are a yuppie and don't care if you take up space on the planet so long as you get paid a 6 figure salary - then you will fit right in! go for it!
    However, be aware that the company is doomed. I would give it another 5 years before it is sold or shuttered.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your desperate...if not turn around and run. Place is a manipulation environment with bad upper management who somehow survives being at Alcon through the years.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away!!! Very negative environment. Questionable management. This is the worst place I have ever been. The way managers are allowed to treat people is amazing.

ex-alcon likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Staying away is sound advice. Other sites are no better than TX. I knew it was time to go after I drank a glass of water and it leaked out of my back.