CAMS-Supplementing your income?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering with the compensation plan cuts and our field tools being taking away that help increase business and $$ for us (not to metion the compliance stuff now), how many CAM's are pulling some per diem work in the home setting to make up income?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't let Joe Brickner know. He will have a conversation with Sudhir and before you know they will fire you for working in the medical field because it is a "conflict of interest" if you work where you have anything directly or indirectly related to VAC.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm pulling hospital duty a couple nights per week. Been doing that for some time now. My AE does the same thing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical KCI bullshit. They try to intimidate all the emplyees. I say go for it. You have to live, I don't think they can take away you livlihood.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right. I would not take that bullshit. Tell Brickner to go suck Sudhir's camel balls... The two of them are gross.. Better yet, go work when you should be at KCI!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been doing per diem work for about a year now. I work KCI three days a week and agency work two days. It works out well and I like the extra income. It's my vacation money money and then some. Like a comp plan that I made up for myself!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you. I think it is the only way to make a living at KCI - Part Time
    Be careful, they will try to get one AE to Spy on a CAM or vis versa... You all need to stick together and cover for each other...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm considering a CAM position. One recruiter told me company car, then another mentioned $.48/mile reimbursement. Which is it?

As I read the posts here, I'm also a bit leery about boarding a sinking ship? How are sales of VAC, pipeline, culture, etc.

I'm currently in Big Pharma, so I can handle a certain amount of b.s., just not wanting to take the leap from the frying pan into the fire....if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance for any help!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask to speak with the RVP to obtain clarification. No company car, but you receive mileage reimbursement. I love working for KCI. Take all these comments with a grain assault.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the Vac sucks

you will jump into major fire if your compensation is at all related to the vac sales - now that KCI doesn't have the monopoly it will be a matter of time before NPWT is done by everyone (just like the beds).

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll be lucky to get the interview. KCI has a big bone up it's ass about big pharma reps. Their attitude is almost prejudicial. I came from pharma about a year ago and now I'm looking to get out. Pharma is much much better. Good luck to you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is a "grain assault" as opposed to a 'grain of salt'?
    By the way, your reimbursement for mileage is only limited to $1000 a month. Any mileage over that you will eat.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a good point on the mileage reimbursement. I get screwed every month and when i ask about it I always get the same answer....."It's being looked at". That helps a lot. I use a lot of my own money that I never get reimbursed for just to do my job.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't work at KCI. I interviewed with them a few weeks ago for acute care and I decided, after the interview, that I did not want to work there. But I have to ask.......why do you work for a company that does not fully reimburse you for your work related expenses? That is so foreign too me. I can't even imagine that. What do they tell you? How long have you been doing this? You do know that your company is taking advantage of you, don't you? In essence they pay you so that you can use some of your pay to help make them richer. I don't get that.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great point. In this specific instance, the respondent apparently doesn't know that once you've maxed your mileage, you stop working. If she/he continues working, they enable the organization to continue to use the employee's personal cash to fund the org's operations. Silly.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad to know that. I never thought of that. I'm way over my mileage for April so I'm done. Today I'm going to go to the gym, wash my car, mow the lawn, and begin to clean out my basement. I'll just call it balancing my work and family life. Works for me!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea, most of us out here have been doin' that forever.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man, I had a great day today. Got lots of stuff done. I'm going to do the same thing next month. Problem is that I'll be done with work about seven to ten days before the end of the month. Will I get caught? I'm wondering how.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, with the cut in my bonus', i cant survive. I need the extra income especially if they cut my territory again!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work full time in my other job, and just use KCI to cover the insurance and parking.