No Energy at the NTM

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2014 at 8:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did everyone feel uncomfortable when JC and the Hawk when they gave their presentations. They received minimal applause and no one could even feign enthusiasm. Yes Jim, our net promoter score is better than Apple but most folks hate working here. The new comp plan sucks and the work environment created by mgt is loaded with threats. Time to call your audible. Support, not threats will improve the bottom line.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you here?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm here because I love working here and believe in the products. The people running this company are the issue. 45% net promoter score by your own employees. That number did not arrive from having quality senior leaders.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree totally. This place sucks. Uncomfortable is probably the right word, but with so many people gone and a bleak future making no money and micromanaged is a very sinking feeling. JC can take his net promoter score and shove it. Making this company look good on paper is the strategy since Apex came in. Meanwhile we have to live in it. I agree totally with this post.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my. They still try to sell that KCI>apple BS. Does anyone ever have the nuts to tell these pickle heads to go sell stupid elsewhere. We are all stocked up here

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I have to give JC credit...it must be awfully hard to get up and spread that filth with a straight face. Probably why he makes the big bucks. Most can't do it, and it must be hard to look in the mirror everyday. This place is hell.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure how accurate Salary.com is, but it says this came from 2012 proxy statement to SEC. Read 'em and weep.

http://www1.salary.com/CENTAUR-GUERNSEY-L-P-INC-Executive-Salaries.html

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, that looks about right. Lets pay him oodles of cash to produce misery, cut wages, encourage great reps to leave, and show declining revenue. Oh, but wait we have negative revenue but profit is up due to layoffs so lets give him a raise and bonus as well.

April 24, 2012

Jim Cunniff
    16685 Marchmont Drive
    Los Gatos, CA 95032

Dear Jim:

It is my pleasure, on behalf of KCI USA, Inc. ("KCI" or the "Company"), to present you with the following offer of employment for the position of Senior Vice President, Americas based out of our San Antonio, Texas office. You will be reporting to Joe Woody, President and Chief Executive Officer and your start date is to be determined, but is currently expected to be May 30, 2012. Below is an outline of the compensation package designed for you, as well as a summary of selected benefits.

Annual Compensation

Base Salary: You will be paid a semi monthly base salary of $16,666.67 on the 15th and last day of the month, which equates to $400,000 annually. Your employment status will be classified as a regular, full-time exempt employee of KCI.

Annual Incentive Bonus Plan: Consistent with KCI’s philosophy of pay for performance, a portion of your annual compensation will be provided through performance-based components. As the SVP Americas, you are eligible to participate and this AIB Plan is intended to be an incentive to eligible employees. The AIB plan is designed to pay a bonus when specific Company and individual performance results are achieved, as agreed upon by the senior management team, resulting in potential payouts above or below target. Your annual target bonus opportunity will be equal to 70% of your base salary. This is a calendar year plan and participation and payouts in the AIB Plan will be prorated based on your start date. Please note, only employees hired prior to October 1st of a fiscal year will be eligible to participate in the AIB plan on a prorated bonus. Therefore, those hired on or after October 1st will only be eligible for the upcoming fiscal year plan. Your participation in the AIB Plan will otherwise be subject to all the terms and conditions of the AIB Plan.

Executive Equity Incentive Plan: Your position is eligible for participation in the Executive Equity Incentive Plan maintained by KCI’s indirect parent, Chiron Guernsey Holdings L.P. Inc. The Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors has approved a grant of 607,498 Profits Interest Units in Chiron Guernsey Holdings L.P. Inc. This grant will be comprised as follows: (1) 50% of the Profits Interest Units will be time vesting units, with 25% of the time vesting units to cliff vest on the first anniversary of grant and the remaining 75% to vest ratably on a quarterly basis over 36 months; and (2) 50% of the Profits Interest Units will be performance vesting units that vest in three tranches based upon achievement of a multiple of invested capital received by the parent company’s ultimate owners, subject in each case to the terms and conditions of the Executive Equity Incentive Plan and any applicable award documentation. More information regarding the Executive Equity Incentive Plan and your award will be provided to you separately.

Vacation
    Time away, for your grade, is a self-managed program offering Team Members significant flexibility in managing personal time off. With this approach, vacation days are not allotted, tracked or banked and as such, scheduling time off need only be coordinated with your direct supervisor. The program is subject to state laws which may have different requirements. Your Human Resources representative can provide more details.

Relocation Benefits
    Relocation assistance is available for you and your family as per company policy. In order to be eligible for these Relocation Benefits, you will be required to execute a Repayment Agreement agreeing to the terms and conditions of the relocation benefits being offered to you.

Additional Benefits
    You are eligible to participate in most benefits plans as of your date of hire with KCI. This includes KCI's sponsored health plans, flexible spending accounts and supplemental life insurance plans. In addition, the Company provides short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program at no cost to you.

After completing 30 days of full time employment and meeting all eligibility requirements, you will automatically be enrolled in the pre-tax 401(k) Plan at 3% of your base pay. KCI will provide a $1 for $1 match up to the first 6% with an annual limit of $8,000.

You will also have the opportunity to take advantage of additional programs, details of which will be provided to you via the KCI Team Member Handbook.

Agreements
    By virtue of your new role, it will be necessary for you to sign several agreements as a condition of your employment, including but not limited to the following:

KCI Arbitration Policy Statement, KCI Non-Compete Agreement, KCI Confidentiality Agreement, Invention Assignment Agreement, and completion of a Form I-9 establishing your eligibility to work in the United States under the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act. The agreements listed above will be provided for your review and signature. These agreements must be completed and submitted prior to your beginning employment with KCI.

Jim, these are exciting times at KCI and we are looking forward to your contributions as we grow. However, we recognize you retain the option, as does KCI, of ending your employment with KCI at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. As such, your employment with KCI is considered at-will and neither this letter, nor any other oral or written representations may be considered a contract for employment with KCI for any specific period of time.

This letter serves to establish the entirety of your employment relationship with KCI and its subsidiaries, and supersedes any previous understanding that may have been implied or expressed, either verbally or in writing, by any representative of the Company. This offer is valid for five business days from the date of receipt. Please note that this offer is contingent upon our receipt of successful results of our screening process, which includes, but may not be limited to, background and reference checks, drug screening and verification of your eligibility to work in the United States.

Upon acceptance of this offer, KCI will forward you materials to complete many of your New Hire tasks including your Benefits Enrollment paperwork, Federal W-4 form, Direct Deposit Authorization and most of the KCI Agreements.

Should you have any questions or require clarification on any aspect of this offer, please do not hesitate to contact me at 210.255.6456, or on my mobile 210.452.0368.

I hope you are as excited at the prospect of joining KCI as we are at having you as part of the team!

Sincerely,

/s/ David Lillback

David Lillback
    Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources

cc: Joe Woody

Understood and agreed:

/s/ Jim Cunnifff 4/30/12
    Jim Cunniff Date

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just don't get it. People would rather stay with a company and bitch about rather than leave find someplace better. AND its not just KCI. I come on here periodically out of, I admit, morbid curiosity about my former company.

If this is such a terrible place, just shut up and leave. Obviously you have superior insights and talents so any other company would fall over themselves to hire you. And PLEASE don't tell me how much you love this company and you are just a misunderstood martyr.

I would love to engage in a healthy dialogue about meaningful ways to make a company better. Don't present a problem unless you have a workable solution. No company is perfect but this "fire the hawk" crap is useless.

And if you are one of those veterans who remember the good old days, deal with it and move on. Quit living in the past. You want things to be better? Go out and do something about it. YOU make it better or shut up

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. We get it, some of you are miserable. Don't bring everyone else down in your misery. Find somewhere else that will appreciate your talents and move on. This isn't "your" company. We all just work here. We're offered employment for a certain amount of money and benefits. If that offer is unacceptable to you, find something better.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's hard to have energy when this place literally sucks the life out of you. It is the most punitive environment ever. Goals will never be made when they continue to have an attrition rate of more than 30% in sales. They only stay above water by laying off from the rest of the org. It's literally a sweat shop. Btw - does anyone else have a problem with the fact that there's never ever a confirmed joe woody siting unless it's a lame townhall meeting. There is no leadership. Hawk is a fraud. Someone should make a FOIA request to see if he really was all he could be. Me thinkith there's a whole lotta stretching of the truth regarding his service. He's a farce.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worry about things at your level rep. Reps have no business bitching about corporate leaders. you want to question them? get promoted and earn the right. pussy

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Let the change start right here. Everyone who comes on this site and bitches should be shut down. Want Change? Then change it. Suck the life out of you? What does that mean? All it means to me is that you are weak enough to LET something suck the life out of you! Grow up, quit whining and go to work. Or shut up and leave. You have no idea about the real medical device field. Some guys in ortho and vascular are on call 24/7/365. and pay has substantially lowered in those fields.

Again. be positive or offer a real solution.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are clueless and must bee from management with little experience on how to manage people. Ortho and Vascular reps on average make 135. I am one of them. My brother works for KCI. He will be lucky to break 90k with your wonderful point compensation plan. Some of the horror stories he tells me about his manager are classic intimidation by fear. The upper management in this company is the problem. 44% of your own people would not recommend KCI as an employer. I think all upper management should look in the mirror. Treat people how you would want to be treated and you will be amazed at the productivity.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about we all go out and work our tails off so that we can reach the corporate revenue goal for 2014. Then next year when our NTM is Fri-Mon maybe KCI will give us a half a day to enjoy the weekend!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management has no pulse on employee morale. They preach they do but don't have a clue. Start hiring some peeps who have survive the shit storm that was created 7/11/11. Stop this intimidation BS by DM's. Become somewhat transparent and treat your employees like people. You will be amazed on the productivity. VIA still sucks donkey balls btw.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got the impression things were changing at NTM. KCI City thing was helpful and their was a lot more positivity with many reps by the end than when it started. I am kind of tired of the constant drone of negativity especially when it's not accurate as to how a lot of us feel. I accept a few people aren't happy but in reality MOST of us are and we CAN sell and we CAN make a difference.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you've been on board for less than 6 months .... Give it time. They will screw you over too.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you dont work for KCI then why are you on this site troller ?? Cardio and Ortho reps make $250k on average you idiot

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This site is not for KCI employees. Who told you that. It is for anyone that is bored