Rank the BUs please

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which one is safest BU to be in right now. Please no smart ass comments.

Gen Meds, MS, Oncology, IHC etc. Please rank from 1 to last with 1 being safest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Oncology by far
    2. MS
    Huge gap
    3. IHC
    Huge gap
    4. Gen Meds aka dead man walking

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every Gen Meds rep should be looking for a job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The lazy ones don't even bother looking.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both Onc and MS pretty safe. No guarantees of course. Gen Meds should have been completely folded. Put them out if their misery already

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Onc and MS at top. If Derm will be a BU then they would be up above. If not then middle of pack. Gen meds... well like walking dead.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed except if put MS ahead of Onc only because they are smaller sized forced. Onc is a little bloated

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MS might reduce headcount because don't need 2 reps a territory.Gilenya has low marketshare and has been a disappointment in marketshare.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Onc went through a purging not long ago - but it's still way fat with too many reps and burden with excessive management....so when you look at what's next - the easy target are the fat ones.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The obvious most risky one is Gen Meds. Selling only EP? Seriously? How long will that last. They have no pipeline either.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm, if you were out hunting - which would you shoot first the skinny one or the fat one?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A business unit isn't in the same arena as "hunting" although the metaphors are ironic. The Onc division has a need for experienced reps in the near future - but there is no mistake it is overladen by management and obviously too many Reps. If you read this board, or work in the field - there are too many of them bumping into one another at offices or competing for catering business in the offices. Management at all levels is also layered very deeply...

I'd recommend Oncology - if you can get in a field position. It appears they have an easy go of it for now...might be pretty busy in 2015/16....so I'd say they are one of the safer divisions to hide in.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true. Look around the industry and you'll see a trend of smaller singe covered territories. 2 reps per territory are not needed for bizz growth and are back breakers to the P&L margins. Novartis will do away with all pods by 2015. Watch!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiot Gen Meds troll please quit talking nonsense and look for a job. FYI MSBU has like what? 100 plus reps generating over 1 Billion? Idiot!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology, Sandoz, MS.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Generating 1 billion doesn't mean anything if nearly 1 billion in costs are present - or the company has needs that billion doesn't address.

Hard to say what is a "safe" division and what isn't. Small territories/large number of Reps only means the Company has plenty of money to throw around. Large territories/small number of Reps might mean a growth potential.

The Onc division has future - but it is also laden heavy with Management and Reps. for now and will likely continue into the near future. It's frustrating for the Reps because there are a lot of ancillary managers forcing their objectives on the field force (teleconferences, training, speaker program/development etc, HR programs etc.) there is a lot of overlapping and inter company competition for office time.

Personally I'm not a candidate for the field, but if i was...I'd pick Oncology, but I don't like the layers of management, training, speaker programs, busy work or sheer number of my own company Reps I'd have to compete with in the office.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top: Onc, MS
    Middle Tier: Sandoz, Alcon
    Bottom Middle: Hospital
    Bottom: Gen Meds

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Onc will change in 2015.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why?