Managers are not need in MS

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do we need managers? As much as they pay us, we can handle this ourselves. N has way to many managers throughout the company and this position needs to be gone. Go ahead an say that it is needed for this and that but the fact is sales is what brings in the money.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your message only serves to illustrate you ignorance.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give an example how that tiny framed annoying manager helps anyone

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop pointing fingers and find a solution to the Tecfidera bleeding in your territory.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree what value do the managers bring. They only go out in the field to check the box and keep their job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the OP. I am one of the MS managers who try and do their part. I have been doing this a long time and get paid very well! I try and bring strategic thoughts to my team and support them throughout the year. But my role has had a diminishing effect on how the overall team's performance does. We now get paid a LOT I mean a LOT of money to basically like you said check some boxes. I agree that most of us are not needed but I am not going to volunteer my position because they will just find another person to fill my role.
    Looking at the business model, they can easily pay a team administrative assistant pay grade to handle all the team's expenses, admin, programs, metrics, etc.
    They can be managed by a regional that oversees 40 to 50 reps and have just as an effective impact that the current model offers.
    But I will continue to check my boxes and receive my enlarged direct deposit quite happily!!!