Rebadging?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor here is we are facing rebadging at our co. Is it true Novartis did this? How % of reps did it affect? Any advice?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is true we just lost all benefits. Will have a pay cut and receive no severance. I wish I had been cut in Jan. This is just awful! !!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't follow. What is rebadging?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rebadging challenges vary depending on the part the captive plays in the corporate ecosystem. Bear with the historical analogy, but some of us manage our offshore operations as the French managed their colonies, while others consider them as the British managed their empire. Even to this day, the French consider Martinique residents as full citizens of France, while the English took a commonwealth approach, with no direct right of citizenship.

For those offshore staff that were formerly treated as full corporate citizens á la the French, rebadging can come as a shock to the system – even though the work initially does not change. No longer employed by big multi-nationals that see the center as a little piece of corporation heaven offshore, “high touch” is no longer defined the same way, space standards get tighter, amenities disappear, standardized ways of working are enforced, and jobs become interchangeable. In effect, the team no longer has a “special” relationship with a parent, but is part of a larger delivery ecosystem with a new and different mission.

For those staff that formerly worked in a corporate outpost (like the British), the rebadging may not be as much of a shock to the system, but it is still viewed as a “taking”. The brand disappears off the paycheck, the administrative policies change, and a somewhat special relationship with the client morphs over time.

Whether you run your captive in the French or British manner, here are just a few basic rules for an effective captive-to-outsource transfer:

1). Don’t leave team communications to last. There’s no getting around it; the word will get out via rumor mill after the first meeting with the prospective provider. And the offshore team will see you as selling them out to the dark side. Communicate as soon as possible, and prepare a holding statement to have at the ready.

2). Be generous with bonuses. Rebadging’s fundamental premise is that business as usual continues without disruption. Identify the “have to have” talent prior to deal closure, and come out of pocket with meaningful retention bonuses; do not leave the decision and cost to the provider.

3). Work with the provider to reengineer the workforce. Washing your hands of the team once you’ve decided to rebadge is ill-advised. Rebadging is an opportunity to reengineer; you know the work, the provider has best practices. Take the time to develop a new, more cost-effective delivery organization together.

4). Expect attrition…often at higher levels. I’ve observed rebadging initiatives that naively expected that attrition would nigh on disappear in the capable hands of the provider. After the halo effect of the retention bonus wears off, there may be a mass exodus. Working with the provider to ensure that the provider brand does not become a turn-off is imperative.

5). Reset the expectations of the retained team. Once rebadged, the former captive is no longer a personal cookie jar for the retained team. Helping them understand that SLAs are now in force is as important as changing the mindset of the rebadged team.

Flipping captive staff – and their processes – over the transom to a provider represents major change. Make sure your rebadging challenges are effectively managed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rebadge
    Your Employees = Our Employees.
    Your company is considering outsourcing its contact center and/or BPO services to APAC. At the same time, you want your associates and customers to have a positive experience throughout the transition process. Good news! We’ve had tremendous success in partnering with clients to make this a reality.

Rebadging Defined
    We define “rebadging” as the process where your employees are onboarded to APAC so they can continue working on your behalf as our employees. A business transformation that focuses on a strategic plan and vision spurs on this type of approach as it relates to:

•Acquisitions
    •Mergers
    •Facilities Management
    •Organic Growth
    How you go about undertaking a rebadge initiative is where we can help you succeed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll make it easy. You give your employees to another company. To a job they use to do for you. But you now work for the new company losing the tenure you had with novartis. You get the new companies package. Nvs saves a money on pay, retirement etc. If you don't take the job there is no package.

1. In the early months mngt. Will say it's not ture.
    2. When it's starts they will say v nothing will change.
    3. Town Halls sschedule
    4. You realize your being paid less
    5. You stay or go. No thing you can do.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go ahead and rebadge me I'm out if here! For the record I think this thread is a hoax.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll be rebadged to Dick Wad ( they get to pick your new name too) ;)