The writing is on the wall!!!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Dec 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If layofffs are coming to the field shortly, why is GSK filling all openings? They are with the 3 yr. contract reps., but it makes no sense to hire ANYONE if layoffs are in the works. Of course, GSK does do some strange things...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes perfect sense -get rid of the more expensive employees and keep the cheaper ones.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's exactly what is happening, younger and cheaper. Attorneys are after big pharma, it isn't going unnoticed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're over 40 w/a good track record you have a hell of a law suit. GSK is looking to avoid these types of litigation...I would hope...then again, it is GSK. Also, what ever happened to the overtime litigation. Sounds like other big pharma companies are paying out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish this was written on the wall: Caryn S. in N.C. has left the company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL Yes.. I totally agree with you, maybe he is taking Paxil, and that is the side effect before he kill himself

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, GSK isn't going to fill positions if they are downsizing. They filllled one in our area right before the shutdown. Isn't anyone else seeing this?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you all are just a bunch of pie droppers anyways, I'm sure local catering companies will look at your years of experience and find delivery jobs for you right away.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How sad. We used to carry forward tons of days every year.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tired of these posts! We all know more layoffs are coming. Most people that are left are going to ride this bus till the end of the line. Why not? Good salary, great benefits, company car, 401K match, cell phone, the list goes on. The job market sucks, why not stay until you are forced to get another job? Severance will be less but will still be much more than most industries. Keep in mind that in other fields people actually lose their jobs with no severance and no warning.

We have all become a bunch of whiney, unrealistic, spoiled idiots. Shame on us.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speak for yourself Mr. Witty.

There are still plenty of companies that don't treat their employees like crap. We are all responsible for managing our own careers. If it makes sense to ride this bus to the end of the line, there is no harm in dropping by this forum to vent and stay sane.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO WAY they will lower severance. Worst thing they could do as pharma company! Say what you will, it won't happen!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wishful thinking. If there is a way GSK can screw over employees, they will.

Worst thing they could do as a pharma company is make product that kills people, lie about it and get caught. GSK is already pretty good at that.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sr from akron is running out out of severance and is staying up nights sobbing
    it is sad
    she will have to try to sell at 105K and move
    no job. too old and grey and well..... chubby with an afro. i cant thin of a more tactful way to put it.
    very very very sad

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think doing your job and being over 40 will save you, you are an idiot. over 50 here, many tier awards, was in top 5 percent of sales when downsized. 0ver 900 people over 50 were let go. They portion it just right as to not get sued. I was gone and a rep who drs run from was kept. The computer will get you if they want it to.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Personally, I hope you all stay with GSK or at least in pharma. With a few exceptions, every pharma rep I met in my few years in the industry was a free-loader who was way too into self-promotion (and for what? You did NOTHING!). I remember thinking there was a lot of training, but they didn't tell us how little there would be for us to actually do. And thinking that everyone I worked with was trying to justify their existence by lying about how big an impact they had in their "sales calls". HA! Now that I am out and working in an entirely different industry, I really see the pathetic side of Pharma and the people who work there. They are willing to be lied to, perpetuate the lies to their friends, family and customers, and take a paycheck for doing nothing worthwhile. Stay right where you are - please!
    ...and what man with any self-respect would do this job? Nice man-bag you got there toting your cute little sample boxes around to clinics who don't want to see you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! You should run the company!

Getting treated like garbage, making no money, and having no motovation because "We are patient focused" is shoved down are throats every minute of every day, yet we continue to screw our customers to no end!!!

G S BS!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Old and bitter. C'mon man you were good. You should have no problem finding job you had many tier awards and was in top 5 percent! That means alot!