Zontivity

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2015 at 7:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's it going out there? How many territories have scripts at this point? What does the future look like?

I heard that belsomra had more scripts before launch than Zontivity has in nearly a year... is that true?

I also heard that fewer than half of the speaker faculty have written a script... true?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have about 289 scripts combined since launch.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Primary care sleep drugs and a cardiac specialty drugs are apples and oranges.

Of course the sleep drug sold well on day one. Bel is a me-too product competing against drugs that have been out for years and some patients don't like them so it's not a big deal to give them something new to try and the risk is low. There are thousands of more prospects in primary care than in cardiology. Zon competes against a generic that is tried and true and the patient pool is far less than insomniacs. The risk of bleeding is high and in cardiology that is a huge concern. Bleeding is worse than say a mineral taste in your mouth.

It is true about the speakers and even worse most of the physicians that were in the "successful" trial won't even use it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

289 scripts? No friggin way, Riad won't tolerate that. Baaaaahaaaaabaaahaaa.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If after several publications, nine months of promotion, and a blitz of marketing efforts the Principal investigators, academic institutions, and even the paid shills haven't written the drug then my question is...
    Who is writing Zontivity and why?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Waiting for 60 minutes to start digging into this one.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously....what's the problem? It can't be cost because we aren't any more expensive than brilinta and effient. We can't have very many of the investigators writing or we would have more business than we do. I can't figure it out. Seem like we should get some kind of traction. What are CD's not telling us?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What really hurts with the brand is that he we have little support from the academic cards around the country. Very few have written any scripts and our business has come from community-based cards. I can't help but think that the academic people are holding the TRACER study against us. I have a top academic platelet guy in he country in my territory and he was lukewarm at best with our data.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck got rid of Zontivity by selling it to Aralez. Anybody have a post-mortem on the failure of Zontivity?