Investigation?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:12 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any new on feds questioning execs? I heard something last night.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dropped in on a exec MTG and halled off several. Will be big news.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this true? I also heard they were questioning some execs at their residences. I hope this was not true.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About what?

Oldies getting tossed and not giving them their bridges? Your know, their pension money and healthcare!

Can see the feds looking in to this one!!
    Its a very big deal!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oldies but goodies......

Talk about scamming people. You should of seen the - age/layoff report by category sent to separated reps. There should be a federal law about the font size used in this form. It seemed like a joke by someone in Merck. They obviously did not want anyone who read that report to see the numbers without the Hubble Space Telescope. The New York Times will shortly be receiving a copy for publication. It will be embarrassing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All by design, I'm sure...

Well connected, no worries.
    Everyone else....most who actually need the benefits and their cash to live, tough luck!

Some lost it all by inches!

Calling, Holder!
    Anyone seen Eric?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For real? What day?
    Will be looking for that article and all that could unfold!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The next time you talk to someone who was pushed out by Merck, ask them how many years of service they had. You'll find that the vast majority had between 13-15 years, which is the tenure just prior to the pension growth phase. In your first 15 years, you will establish a pension payout that is about 10% of the amount that you would have received if you had "survived" at Merck for just ten more years. It was the top-tier targeted group for "investigations" and the subsequent shove out the door. The managers that played ball were rewarded nicely. This purposeful abuse has happened to thousands of our people in that demographic over the last ten years. If you have 13-15 years tenure now, your turn is just around the corner, although most of the carnage has been completed at this point.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, the difference between a good or much better payout.

.....however, the basic qualifier that yields the minimum jump up on pension is 10 years of service or age 65. At 10 the healthcare buy in (with the level one subsidy) also clicks in. Affordable coverage available without breaking the Bank!

Clipped by an inch...or cm being reported!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so glad someone put this out. I was so insulted when I received the age/layoff report. But I was laid off because of my results-BS. The only reason they have not been taken to court is because they do not give your severance unless you sign that you will not sue!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    How is it that someone with 15 years tenure qualifies for $500 per month in retirement while another employee with 30 years gets $1.3 million? Does that strike anyone as worthy of question? These are real numbers.

This system looks like something that's designed to encourage employees to stay with Merck---that's what they tell us. What it actually is, however, is a tool to systematically dismiss employees as they approach the 15-year mark and have to give them nearly nothing in retirement. It's happened to THOUSANDS of us over the last decade. And it's going to cost Merck billions in punitive damages before we're through with them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This exact scenario happened to me. 14 years in, very successful and, suddenly, I get a new boss and can do nothing right. A year later, I folded and quit to spare my sanity, which was their intent all along. Those that call Merck evil are exactly right. Sign me up for the class action suit. I can't wait to get that letter in the mail.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same exact same thing happened to me...It is Merck's M.O. You get a new boss and suddenly after years of experience, they find fault with everything you do.

I urge people to take the lump sums as soon as they are eligible, because to trust evil Merck with the future of your retirement is foolhardy. Take whatever money you can get ASAP, or else Merck will find a way to screw you in the future...

you can count on that...

oh, and by the way...

FU MERCK!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,
    I would love to read the report and I protect sources.

David Sell
    Philadelphia Inquirer
    W: 215-854-4506
    M: 215-221-2618
    Email: dsell(at)phillynews.com
    blog: PhillyPharma
    Twitter: (at)phillypharma

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all know there are people who kept their jobs and were the lowest ranking for several years running....their numbers are special and have an invisible "excused clause" built in.

As for severance you must take it. If you fight it you will be financially wiped out. If you dispute it you will go indefinitely without any source of money. They will also not respond to disputes promptly. You will be hanging on, and on and on and you'll have 0 healthcare for the severance period.

Bottom line...they put you in a corner...sign or nothing at all.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Know of one ctl who did the same thing to two employees he managed. Both had the same demographic profile. Both got the "nothing is right nor will it ever be again" scenario. Both had good histories, were good workers, then pow, it all changed. They could do nothing right anymore. If one manager fails it seems like the next one assigned will be make sure you're cut. If someone looks at all this under a microscope sure bet it will reveal plenty. Wonder if managers get some type of prize doing this...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true for a few reasons:
    1. There is nothing wrong with liberating someone as long as it saves the company money.
    2. Many people received a very generous package. One of the best in the industry. It's safe to say many people will never receive another check like that for a very long time.
    3. People are like bread. After a period of time they become stale. Who keeps that?
    4. The process is designed to be fair and transparent.
    5. It was discovered that people should have been liberated much earlier. We had people here who did little for an extremely long time.
    6. No one questioned anyone. That statement has no merit. This would be a civil matter. It's not a big deal.
    7. You are right about the 13-15 year situation. It's not considered a problem. If you are under 40 there is not merit to the claim. Everything is calculated and double checked. It was done perfectly.
    8. No one force you to sign anything. You signed it because you were happy and very satisfied with the package provided. It's called a win-win situation.
    9. Any lists or report are the intellectual property of Merck. We own the rights to them. They are not yours. If they were given out it may cost you your job and a civil penality can happen even after you leave. No one wants to take your house and other property in civil litigation. That is not a win-win.
    10. Always remember even when you take the great package you are still a valuable member of the Merck family. I hope you enjoyed your stay here as much as we enjoyed having you. The pleasure was our our side. We were better for having you.

No follow up actions needed.

Thank you,
    Take care,
    Remember your boundaries.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You tell me how much you will pay and I can bury the whole process.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many had no financial option but to sign. For them it was not a welcome choice. Some were pressed to sign just to stay afloat. Not everyone who was severed was stale, employed too long or even deserving to be severed. For some, no rhyme, no reason.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of these large pharma companies are doing the same thing. When they think you earn too much, make too much bonus, have too much vacation, etc. that is all it takes. A new Dm, RBD, etc. likes to stir the pot. These large pharma companies who portray themselves as American as "apple pie" do not like the negative attention. Many successfully intimidate until one quits, retires, etc. Those who refuse to not be manipulated take legal action and (in some cases) I am convinced that is what it definitely takes to maintain your dignity. These companies are disgraceful and I see it happening over and over.