Something Else to Make You Proud of Merck

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is it possible that I've been employed here since before this happened and I never heard about it? I swear, everything Merck does looks suspicious. Even I don't trust us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, have you SEEN how much money Gardy has racked up over the last several years? Merck has sold its soul over and over to f--k the patients, employees, prescribers and the FDA. The company is sliding and their desperation is growing. This would have never happened 25 years ago.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess you weren't paying attention. Come on, this is 5 year old "news"....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess I wasn't paying attention, either. Neither was my partner, with whom I just met. I guess either we weren't paying attention or Merck did everything possible to keep it quiet. That whole quid pro quo thing apparently doesn't apply to the slimy criminals that run Merck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, guess so, you weren't paying attention either. Those of us in the scientific and regulatory end of the company certainly knew of Gerberding's hire. Google "Merck Gerberding hire" and you'll get a multitude of hits for 2009-2010 online articles of this "news". So it was no big secret.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/12/21/us-merck-gerberding-idUSTRE5BK2K520091221

And if you think this is unusual, go complain on the Sanofi board too. They hired the Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to run their R&D labs.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2010/12/14/former-nih-director-to-lead-sanofis-labs/

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we're all embarrassed enough by our own Merck pigs. Let the Sanofi people be sickened by their managers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think it's suspicious that companies hire experts in the field or government? On the financial side, Merck's Board of Directors has enough members with 'suspicious' big Wall Street ties: William Harrison (Retired chairman of the board, JPMorgan Chase & Co.); C. Robert Kidder (Director, Morgan Stanley); Peter Wendell (Managing director, Sierra Ventures,technology-oriented venture capital firm). And then there is the Merck Executive Leadership team: Michael Holston (U.S. Department of Justice, Assistant U.S. Attorney), Bruce Kuhlik (Senior vice president and general counsel, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America).
    Heck, former CEO P. Roy Vagelos used to work for the NIH before coming to Merck.
    I don't see what the beef is - instead of a distinguished expert who held a high ranking scientific office in government, should we instead hire quacks like Dr. Joseph Mercola or Kevin Trudeau?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only if Mercola or Trudeau can help us with our regulatory problems or help us lie about our products and get away with it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like it works the other way around too - a pharm company insider going into government...

Candidate to Lead FDA Has Close Ties to Big Pharma
    http://time.com/3714242/candidate-to-lead-fda-has-close-ties-to-big-pharma/

Califf is widely respected in the public and private sectors, but his candidacy is seen by some as a threat to the independence and authority of the FDA, thanks to his views on the need to accelerate change and his deep financial and intellectual ties to the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
    Califf says his salary is contractually underwritten in part by several large pharmaceutical companies, including Merck, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Novartis. He also receives as much as $100,000 a year in consulting fees from some of those companies, and from others, according to his 2014 conflict of interest disclosure.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a sick dude ! You Live and breath CP and you never even worked for the company's you post about

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quit 22 is that you ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll take "sick dude" as a compliment, using today's definition ('sick' = cool, rad, sweet).
    And my 20 years at West Point makes your second statement a really bad guess. Don't go on a game show and embarrass yourself...