The truth: Over 55

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is every post so down on those 55 and older???? Are you all saying you cannot find a job? Or is it impossible to find the salary and great benefits for those at this stage.

Please, just insightful answers. NO whiners here. Thanks in advance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You like to hear people whine on CP ? To have a Pity Party ? WTF What do you care ? The reason is this, You're a bored yahoo with nothing but idle time on your hands Yeeeee Haaaaa

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its no joke finding a new job at any salary. Try it, if you doubt it. Despite all the news, jobs are not plentiful. If you're 55 or older its almost impossible to be hired. I am seeing terrific candidates with strong resumes being passed by. Strong interviews, then no job offers. Many older candidates have literally given up, this is a fact. Employers are learning toward younger, often less qualified candidates. Yes, it is probably all about money and pensions for some.

However, those receiving the bridge do have a safety net available to them. They have some income. Either a small amount, or for those with larger pensions, sustainable amounts. Purchase of the medical plan at the affordable bridge subsidized rates is also possible.

Not being granted a bridge is where major problems can arise. Its a real concern for older employees who may find themselves in a layoff. They're in the worst situation. Difficulties finding new employment and none of the safety net benefits of the bridged employees.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Purchase of the medical plan at the affordable bridge subsidized rates is also possible. "

Been there - did that - you will be surprised at how UNAFFORDBLE those subsidized rates are ,,,,,

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets hear the big surpise news....lay it out!!

If you dont like it try Obamacare!!!

550 a month for a cheap plan.....then pay, almost $7000 yearly deductible!!

...the truth is 85% of those on these gov plans (most with crappy doctors) are on also getting government subsidized money to help pay the premium.

But not us...so its unaffordable...and still crappy!!
    I'll take a company plan any day, hands down.

Now lay it out on those details.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. 55 not that old, why is the discrimination so bad?????

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By MegaCorp standards 55 is old. Why management thinks that? Because they need new blood to think for them. Most those in management are older folks that can't keep up with technology and innovation. They will never admit to that so instead they just surround themself with young people with hope that those will do the brilliant work for them. In reality that is not always the solution, but I observed this trend for past 25 years, and itis just a common practice at MegaCorps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why are most people in upper management positions at, about or more than age 55? It takes years to acquire the skills you need to manage and run a large organization...Its rare to find anyone in their 20s, 30s or 40s to have that level of expertise.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll disagree with 'it takes years' , it takes years to know how to run a bureaucracy like the DMV..go ask the guy who started FB, Microsoft, Uber and those Apple guys how many 'years of experience it took...how old was old man Merck when he started???..dang those Wright Brothers if they had only waited to gain some real experience we'd all have flying cars by now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are unusually talented people. Very atypical. No organization is going to be "filled" with these types of people.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You certainly aren't referring to MegaCorpMerck are you? There is certainly tons of young overeducated people at Merck and they certainly haven't come up with anything new with all their " hi tech IQ's" to rescue that bloated inefficient bureaucratic entity that used to develop drugs. Mostly I see them furiously typing into their " I" devices, producing volumes of " communication" that accomplishes nothing. Activity should never be mistaken for accomplishment.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck needs total makeover in HR and recruiting services area.