Uhhhhh hello? Durata?

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Oct 7, 2014 at 6:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's surprising that no one has posted about the Durata buyout yet. Are you guys keeping your jobs or will Durata get hosed?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my guess is durata will be hosed. there may be some exceptions where we need to "rejuvinate" some reps out of here that needed to go anyway. we are all going to be hosed eventually when Brent puts down the corporate credit card and sells the whole lot.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will keep our jobs, it's the Forest losers that will get hosed. Actavis bought Durata for the talent we have over here. Durata Rocks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The average Durata TBM makes $140,000 in salary alone, not joking. That is more than Sales Directors at this bottom of the industry company called Actavis, Forest whatever you want to call yourselves. Durata employees are leaving by choice, nothing to worry about, you will not have to deal them. See, Durata employees will interview at similar companies, companies that pay there reps more than your bosses boss. There is no hiding the fact that not 1 employee at Durata will choose to take any job at a company that is run by the lowest of the low - Forest. Sorry, please understand this is the absolute truth. Hopefully some of you people will wake up and join the party working for companies like Durata, Gilead, Genentech, etc. someday, and you too will look back and shake your head at the fact that you ever worked for such a pos company. Assuming you have the talent. No samples, no sigs, just $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, that's the Durata way. Durata is the antithesis of Forest, again, many are starting the process now so we can take advantage of your pkg and get a similar job elsewhere. We may want nothing to do with Forest, but the money will still be green and hopefully the check cashes nonetheless.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a friend at Durata and she is at 140k, I am quite confident that is more money than VP's here.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know about VP's, but my DM in WI is making less than 100k base and the guy has been here for 10 yrs or something as a specialty mngr. This will be interesting, don't know how we will feel about paying these rep's that kind of $.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy Chief, everyone has to start somewhere. Forest may be awful, but sooner or later we will get these top line industry interviews as we move through the ranks within the industry. That's a lot of coin for a rep though, would like to get confirmation on that 140k number.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing to worry about, forget the $, no Durata employee wants to tarnish their Resume with the word Forest or Actavis or Watson, or whatever you want to call yourselves. Durata is a top tier company, this is not something Forest will have to deal with as we get recruited to similar companies to Durata. The word is out, and recruiters are already stalking us.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it, this site should be called "cafe rep", because 99 percent of the posts are from reps. One more clueless than the next. There is a reason pharma rep jobs will steadily disappear; 80 of reps add no value and are unnecessary.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Durata was a company for all of 5 minutes. Yes they were hired at high bases to entice them to leave cubist, forest.....yes forest and Medco. It's biotech. High risk, high reward. I can guarantee you many ISF1 reps make in the 130's and 140's. Not retail that were promoted over, but outside reps hired in.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just ask JL and BM....Buh Bye Durata! Not one sales rep will be kept. Just look at the Aptalis Board...those high base salaries were never fully paid. High Risk = No Reward/unemployment. Best of luck. Some good, but not very smart, people went there

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Top tier? If Durata was so great why did it operate at such a tremendous loss? The cash burn rate was so high the pile would have burned down by March. Were it not for Saunders that company would be gone under its own weight. And as for not wanting to sully your reputation with Actavist on your resume, be sure to decline our humane job offer we are sure to make- we really don't want losers who couldn't produce but it's the right thing to do.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definately Not a hospital rep above; there will be no offers of employment....part of acquisition details. It's not just about the shareholder, but the analysis is on the money. It's a fools dream "biotech" as the market Shrinks further and further.
    It's about the "Deal"
    Which Saunders walked with $33mm plus in FRX acquisition. Rest assured, he's looking for a Bigger Pay Day, unless he meets "Pretty Woman" a/k/a Julia Roberts; to teach him some Humility.
    Best Wishes Durata; thanks for the drug!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Durata was set to get sold from the very start. Run by venture capitalists and not scientists. They had to sell when they did, the stock was tanking and it was going to have to report sales and earnings that were dismal and would only drive the stock down further. Honestly, Actavis overpaid for DRTX and could have gotten it for far less 6 months from now. Oh, and by the way all you corky overpaid Durata reps will get laid off. Two weeks severance for every year employed.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank God... I'll take 0 weeks and get a job at a real company. Everyone knows Forest is and will always be the laughing stock of the industry, no rep that has achieved the level of a Durata TBM will choose to work for Forest, plain and simple. You can change your business card to Actavis, but at the end of the day you can't hide. There is exactly 0 people at this company interested in working for such a dog shi_ company. And we are making double/triple what Forest makes, that is the straight truth. No denying it, our paychecks are more than your bosses boss, and our respect within this industry and with recruiters are in a different galaxy then those of Forest. Many can stay without a job for months on end and get an equivelant job making money that Forest Reps could not even dream of. Forest people just don't even understand the kind of money people like Durata TBM's make, they literally cannot even begin to understand the $, respect, recruiter love, and experience. Experience and relationships that get us in front of people that Forest Rep's could never even believe possible, to move our product in position to become a resource to MD's and Administrators of Hospitals. It is night and day, and thank you but no thanks Forest, you can give me a raise, throw $ at me to stay, and still the answer is no thank you. The clowns fo the industry vs. a top tier sales exec. No tears for us, we'll be just fine, still making 2 and 3x what ya'll do, but for the next Durata, or plug in the company that is a top tier company. Sorry, the truth hurts. And we have so much $, we aint livin paycheck to paycheck like you and your boss Forester, we can afford to not work, but cannot afford to put the word Forest on our Resume. Do you get it now? Save the tears for those that need it, Durata folks are gonna be just fine and you won't be our colleagues, that I can promise you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the very few true statements on this site, Durata TBM's are already getting lit up by Recruiters. The same Recruiters that will not touch a Forest employee because they don't want to lose credibility with employers.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the gospel of truth. These companies employees could not be more different in the eyes of all in this industry.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See Durata is not great. It is the people at Durata that are great, with the paychecks to match. We will all be making top tier money again, that is how it is when you are at the apex of the industry. Great people make great $, not Forest $. It is my hope that each of you at Forest put in 10-20 yrs moving up the ranks of the industry and you too become great, and make great $. However, that cannot happen if you remain at Forest/Actavis/etc. .

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are all in the denial phase. The truth is that most of you left good jobs and burned bridges to go to Durata, you were bamboozled into thinking it would last more than 6 months and now you are facing the prospect of either unemployment or having to now work for Actavis/Forest. So the sour grapes kick in and you try to convince yourself that you are going to be better off as a result of this. Truth is your high salaries are now a liability and have priced you out of the market. Unless you go to MDCO then you are effectively out of the anti-infective market. You have no Hep C or HIV experience so you can't go there either. Bottom line is you all got raped and you know it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since you pos forest rep decided to post this same message on our board, I have decided to repost a response for you here on the entry level board:

Sorry Forest Rep, don't be a hater. We are getting blown up with recruiters for the best jobs at the best companies.........Right now. HIV, Hep C, same ID Doc's treating these patients my friend. Science is easy to learn, same customers. But you fail to mention many other top specialties to call on, ID's are just one of many. Bottom line, we are Hospital Reps, drop a hospital product in our bag and it's game time. Keep collecting signatures, something we have not done in 10+ yrs. We have only priced ourselves out of companies in the Forest league, the top companies all pay top $$$, that is the facts. And many of us have been getting paid like this for longer than you and your cronies have been out of college. Life is good, no unemployment line for people in demand.

LOL, what a joke, take a look at your pay check and look in the mirror pos forest rep. You are the bottom feeder in our industry. We are your dream, that will never come to reality.