Arjo Huntleigh

Discussion in 'Arjohuntleigh' started by Anonymous, Sep 9, 2010 at 6:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any feedback on this company would be appreciated-took an interview today on the Acute Care side today. What is the culture like, are the quota's attainable, how they stack up against the competition. I believe the compt. would be Invacare, Waverly Glen, THE, Hill-Rom, Stryker, etc. thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a friend who has worked for them for several years now. Based on our conversations, the compensation seems to have dwindled over the past couple of years. There is tremendous pressure to sell beds, now that they have Huntleigh, and there's just not a huge market for them right now. Despite this, he pushes on with the lift sales, but he continually receives pressure to make immediate inroads with the beds. It doesn't happen overnight, unfortunately. I believe he's looking, to be completely honest with you. Arjo is clearly the market leader in lifts, but Huntleigh is not the leader in beds. And don't forget Linet. They're a new force to be reckoned with for beds also.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been contacted for an interview for this company. This is what the recruiter is stating: "We have a job opportunity selling Patient Handling equipment for an industry leading company that is growing at a little over 230%".
    Salary: $47,000
    Total Package $75,000-$120,000 with Commissions
    Average 1st Year Compensation: $75K-$120K at plan
    Average 2-3 Year Compensation: $120K-180K depending on growth

If anyone has any info on this company since the original post please share it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're looking to break into medical equipment sales, this wouldn't be a bad gig, but if you're a seasoned rep, this isn't a growth opportunity. The "patient handling" equipment is most likely the Arjo lift, which is quite arguably the industry leading patient lift solution on the market. Their bed division, Huntleigh, on the other hand, is struggling to grab a piece of the hospital bed market. Huge pressure to grow this new division is cramping the style of the lift reps who have traditionally done well with their leading product, but are experiencing heartburn over the newly acquired bed business. Management wants immediate results, but it will take a considerable amount of time. Hope this helps.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I WOULD KONT EVEN WASTE MY TIME WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY !!!!!!!!!! I WORKED FOR HUNTLEIGH THEN ARJO- HUNTLEIGH AND BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THEY CANNOT EVER SUPPLY THE DEMAND !!!! THEY ALL WAYS HAVE B.S. WHY THEY CANNOT FILL THE ORDERS

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would definitely trust the moron who wrote the last post... He cannot even spell...

Maybe thats why he was unable to succeed within the company..

The company is growing and the have made a name for themselves as market share leaders in safe patient handling equipment.

Solid opportunity, if you ask me.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would definitely trust the moron who wrote the last post... He cannot even spell...

Maybe thats why he was unable to succeed within the company..

The company is growing and they have made a name for themselves as market share leaders in safe patient handling equipment.

Solid opportunity, if you ask me.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone enlighten me about the DVT division of ARJO?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DVT division offers a solid product, and good share of the market. Within ArjoHuntleigh, they are the leading division. Pressure is for growth, in a market that might be contracting.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DVT business is a dying business and completely commoditized. They were kicked off the major GPO's and the reps are left struggling to convert those accounts to another GPO or direct contract.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DVT business is still running strong. I would be careful as to what advice you take literally from this forum. Arjohuntleigh is a solid company and they stand behind their product across the portfolio. The upper management has been consistent for the past 3 years and the company is growing at a rapid rate.

If you are a person that embraces change, join this company. If you are a person that wants everything handed to you on a silver platter, dont wast your time.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any recent feedback regarding this company and their DVT division? Considering an opportunity.
    Also, does anyone have any info. on their Health Insurance provider? I got screwed at my current company with high out of pocket deductibles and premiums so this is something I'm making sure to investigate this go-around.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for this company for four years, and as a contractor for 2 years now. I was employed by them during the merger of Huntleigh. Their business model is flawed. They think small, inside the box and overall lack cohesion. Definite sales driven company with poor service support. Service is secondary with Arjohuntleigh. Sales promises are made to the customer with no forethought to how they will be implemented by service. Additionally they appear to be losing market share in the area I service by losing repeat business due to broken customer promises.
    The Sales Department motto is we will make it up on the next deal. Does this sound like a "return to profitability" to you? They are building a house of cards to be purchased through another acquisition where another company will come in and do a top down company audit and get rid of the profit losers. This happened when Pegasus was bought by Arjo and again in 2007 with the merger of Huntleigh. Same shit different wrapper. I guess the phrase "a sucker is born every minute" is appropriate here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Service will now come to Arjohuntleigh, the service of KCI TSS can not be matched. I see good things to come to Arjo.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone provide info/update on what appears to be an expansion in DVT sector?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interested in a Dir of Sales position. Any info on comp?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the current executive team in place, it is arguably the worst place to work in regards to job security. As a Director of sales, you will have no power whatsoever and you will be the fall guy for their shortcomings. Your day will consist of driving to the office, walking by all the zombies in their cubicals that hate their jobs, and blowing that short and chubby VP of Sales, RJ. He'll tell you what you need to do (none of which has anything to do with growing sales) and then throw you under the bus so him and his boyfriend CEO can buy another month of employment.

Once these two failures are gone, ArjoHuntleigh will return to being a great company and that's when you interview for the position.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Phil the fuckchop got the can... we can only hope that his rollie pollie sidekick, RJ will follow him shortly

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There has always been and always will be the same problem at Arjo-Huntleigh.
    A succession of chiefs and CEO's that come in and "Make their mark" by changing things that aren't broke and trying to make everything more efficient without understanding the uniqueness of the Company, products and customers.
    As a former employee with many years history with the Company I feel that this succession of idiots is the sole reason for its ultimate demise. Certainly from a UK perspective the start of the downfall was moving patient handling manufacturing from the UK to Poland, Canada and Sweden. Constant cost cutting in manufacturing components reduced the "Famed" reliability of the products leading to many dis-satisfied customers who weren't used to Arjo products breaking down.
    The short-sightedness continued as the decision was made to make the delivery drivers redundant and sell the Lorries to utilise an external logistics Company. This lasted a year until Arjo re-employed many of the old drivers and had to purchase new vehicles due to the amount of customer complaints.
    The acquisition of Huntleigh by Arjo was by far the biggest mistake in my opinion. Arjo were indeed the market leaders in the sector but the reputation of Huntleigh’s products, service and reliability was very questionable. Despite this everything changed to the Huntleigh way of doing things and the power base shifted from Arjo to Huntleigh as various Arjo Managers and staff with many years’ experience and expertise were made redundant and in some cases just discarded. Many of these people were the backbone of Arjo and part of the reason Arjo grew so much from the Arjo-Mecanaids day’s and enjoyed the successes it had.
    These are just examples of the sheer incompetence and stupidity of the senior Management who constantly employ these new chief’s to screw it up time and again. There is a cycle whereby every eighteen month to two year period a new one comes in and wants to leave his mark. Chaos reigns until he is found out and paid off and then the next clown comes in and it all starts again.
    At this present time “New Management” are in place with pharmaceutical backgrounds and the whole Company is being re-organised again which seems to happen every year now. The emphasis is totally focused on beds yet it’s the patient handling sector that continues to be provide the results and the revenue and it’s no coincidence that this is the area with the majority of ex-Arjo staff.
    If I could give one message to the Senior Management of Arjo – Huntleigh it would be this…

Arjo’s history and success was built on experienced people developing good relationships with the key contacts in each NHS Trust, Care Home and Key Account offering very reliable products and service. It’s a very unique industry with unique people and you can’t bring in someone from pressure-washer, toilet roll or pharmaceutical backgrounds that use textbook business expressions like “Moving Forward” and expect them to understand how it works because they just won’t get it.