New COMP plan just announced-opinions??

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2014 at 8:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am mixed. Can the company not pay reps for their work/sales? The higher volume non salary reps basically work the first week of each period for free. It is odd to not be paid for work or on sales completed, and no one likes to feel like they are working for free. Think about the work put in for each Exogen order. Are there other comp plans like that out there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! No commissions on first 25% of sales. I was talking with rep last night with an estimated Exogen quota of $80,000 each period and she had $7,000 in charge backs in week one of this period. For her, no commissions are paid until she gets over $27,000 in sales or more which is more like her first 33% of her sales. Nothing! She has to make up the charge backs too. The plan seems to hit the higher volume tenured reps with higher quotas and potentially more charge backs depending on the month.

With Exogen being the company's baby, shouldn't high volume reps be rewarded or at least not punished since they are bringing in the bulk of the Exogen business. It is extremely difficult to grow their Exogen business 10-20% in this day and time to take advantage of benefits of comp plan. There are challenges and all of us are just trying our darnest to hang to our sales. Most of us will take a pay cut even if we are 98% to quota and bringing in Aton of Exogen revenue. If a tenured rep leaves, a new rep cannot duplicate these sales because of the relationships built between tenured reps and docs.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to say that I am truly disappointed in leadership (or what ever you call them, because, truly they are not leaders). Never, ever in my history of over 20 years in this industry, have I seen such a ridiculous comp plan. Not paying for the first 25% of sales????
    It's obvious that they want to turn this into company profit so they can look good to a buyer.

Done!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, punish the top performers! Most companies reward high performers, but not this company. Not paying 25% on sales will result in top guys LEAVING. This comp plan will only motivate getting out the resumes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My guess is that they are punishing us to pay for all the new leadership they hired; including the new Marketing Director who has such the "distinguished" pedigree (sarcastic tone).

When is GN going to understand that it's not more management layers that generate revenue; it is a great, loyal and motivated sales force. GN doesn't "get it".
    Historically we had some "rocking" years in sales. Remember the contests that generated increased interest and motivated sales?

It's time to go.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New comp plan = new job for me. What they didn't specify on the CC is that we do not get paid at all on first 25%. They keep it. Same thing as a tax. First 25% goes into the kitty for GN and the boys to ensure they get paid. Its like a built in insurance plan. Not the kind of plan I want to be part of. I pay enough taxes. Oh and $500 decrease in u/s leads, yea they are definitely motivating us to do all the work to prep an account for a sale.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you need to do is look at the facts to come to the conclusion they don't care who leaves. They have such a huge margin built in to Exogen and they are going to keep it. Never thought I'd say this, I want AD back. Whatever his issues were, he would have never allowed this to happen. Or at least he would be straight up about it. Instead we get explained the comp plan with smoke and mirrors. Love my dos and customers, but don't love getting screwed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can you ask a Tier 4 non salaried sales person to sign a pay plan that does not pay them on the first 25% of what they sell? How does this build trust or motivate? How can you say that you are raising percentages to 14.2% up to 100% of quota? If you do not pay for the first 25% sold then you are paying 10.6% not 14.2%. Commission was designed to hold people accountable so why can't we just have a simple 10-12% commission plan on every dollar sold?

This plan promotes cheating by forcing reps to do things they normally would not do to hit numbers. We are in a very regulated industry and good reps make moral choices every day selling and processing Exogen orders. We are trusted to follow HIPAA, AdvaMed, State and Federal Government rules and guidelines. We carry and store sensitive patient information for years. We negotiate self pays, service and take care of indigent patients that we will not get paid on. Reps are the only members of Bioventus that touch and interact with customers (physicians and patients) every day and we are expected to be the leader in our field of Orthobiologics. I conduct myself in a professional manner that promotes Bioventus and it's products. I deal with integrity everyday so as not to put myself or my company in jeopardy. I should not be asked to work for free on the first 25% of what I sell and I refuse to cheat!

If you have to sell employee's on their pay plan it is not a good pay plan for the employee's.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, just wow. Why on earth did they do this? Do they actually WANT the senior reps to leave??!?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did the sales directors give their opinions on this comp plan? They could not possibly have been involved? How about a couple of the directors who were field reps and have done our job? Would it be crazy to maybe get a bit of feedback from a couple tenured reps before implementing this? The executives have not done this job!

There is no way that any rep in this sales force would be on board with working the first week or two of a period without compensation? They should have asked or gave us a couple scenarios. To wait all these weeks for this plan is disappointing and a morale killer! Frustrated!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will fail, we will be fine. Lots of jobs out there for people who are smart. Get one. Whatever it is, better than here. Leaders suck, executives suck, comp plan sucks. I am sure quotas will suck too. They gotta know what they are, not telling us for a reason. New chairman has a fake tan hair plugs and bleached white teeth. I feel like I'm in a bad dream.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only factors that would make me happy about this plan:

Lower quota
    Higher salary

I may go up a tier level so I'm even more concerned.

Someone mentioned "do they want tenured reps to leave?" That answer may be yes. Though, if I were management and wanted that to happen, I'd pay them well until mobility and the data is complete and up to date...

THEN I would roll this plan out so that when we need to hire cheap, new reps the data is in place and transition to new reps will be MUCH easier in the future.

Company wants to reward hunters, not farmers. I truly feel for those reps who have been around for 5+ years and have penetrated the majority of their markets.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's smoke and mirrors. JM couldn't even explain comp plan on cc. Wanted to get through it as quick as possible. Its not about sales anymore, just profit. I wonder what JM and the three new RVPs comp plan is? Could it be profit based? I want to see their comp plan.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like They ensured they get at least 25% of the gross profits; plus more if goals are met.
    They did include some of their "pet" DOSs in on the revision of the comp plan but even the " pets" kept sending it back.

Wait til you see the Quotas

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they favor the cheaters. But they will never cover them if they get caught. Never. Ever.
    And agree on the comments about the leaders who Tan and Bleach. No class. At least AD had class and made damn sure we were treated with respect. JM just thinks we are a bunch of lazy twits. He is clueless.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"leader in orthobiologics". ? Bioventus ? Really?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They already make about $2,500 off every private payer sale and then another $2, 900 off Medicare, after paying us. They just need to be more aggressive at going after bad debt. Our job should not include the Debt nor should we be penalized.
    Think about all those Medicare at Risk orders where patients signed an ABN, expecting a bill but never got one. Totally irresponsible on the companies part. Rep did not get commission and company never billed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone please explain their misinterpretation of the 0-25% to plan compensation. JM made it clear on the cc that there are few territories underperforming this badly. Vacant territories often perform above 25%. It was communicated that if you finish a period under 25% that you would not receive commission. Not the first 25% automatically comes off the top. If it is true that 25% portion of my earnings go unpaid to me...I'm out.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's pretty clear, that no one in charge has a clue. Not sure what color the sky is In GN's world, oh wait it must be green. Selfish comp plan, idiotic leaders, oh and apparently having fun is not allowed anymore.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

San Diego science summit very tense atmosphere. Felt like I was in high school and the hall monitors wanted to see my bathroom pass. I'm to old to be treated like a teenager. Reality is, independence in this job is over. They just don't get it. We all left the pharma industry for a reason. I am looking forward to finding somewhere else to bring my talents. It's just not worth being miserable and having no confidence in leadership, the future, and lets face it, there aren't new products coming our way. They have been saying that since the day I started 5 years ago. Don't walk, run.