Convatec

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Sep 26, 2005 at 8:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the perception and demand for Convatec products?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to know that myself. I just iv'd for Smith and nephew - their main competitor [​IMG]

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone out there w/the answer?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have good product but thier elitus attitude has cost them marketshare.
    Layoffs and lack of service are a peoblem as well.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry for the typos.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wake up! Hollister is their main competitor, not S & N!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wake up! Hollister is their main competitor, not S & N!

Actually, both of the above are both big competitors- Hollister for ostomy products and S&N for wound and skin care. Different markets = different competitors.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being an w/c rep and having a family member with an ostomy forced me into learning about these companies. I see their reps and ask them questions. The Coloplast rep told me ConvaTec is the biggest company of the three but is losing market share and they (Coloplast) reportedly passed them for market share. The other player in ostomy is Hollister. In the USA, ConvaTec and Hollister dominate in the GPO acute care market for ostomy because they've been at this longer in the USA than Coloplast, however, their reps that I know seem very arrogant, unlike the Coloplast reps. My family member prefers Coloplast due to its ease of use. She says ConvaTec makes a lousy product(s), and most WOCNs who I call on seem to agree with her. What I find interesting is the price of their products. When shopping for my sister I was amazed how much more expensive ConvaTec and Hollister is than Coloplast. Between distributor and dealer markups, not knowing what the suggested retail is, it's a no brainer that the DME's margins must be getting eaten up with the higher priced product. Those reps must be worried if all they sell is ostomy. Although there are about 80,000 ostomy surgeries a year, with new and improved surgical techniques, between 75% and 90% of them get reversed within 3 months, therefore, it's got to be a tough sell, as you keep losing business to reversals, and then have to sell to hospitals, then to home health agencies and then to dealers who hopefully buy from distributors who carry your product and who are not in bed with the competition.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Convatec has had zero lay offs and service is the focus. When a company has such as command in market share as Convatec has, it is hard to maintain growth compared to the rest of the industry.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey genius, tell me what stock to buy next.

"Posted: Apr 8, 2005

This Spring, 150 ConvaTec employees will likely find themselves without a job.

The medical device and supply company operates two plants in Greensboro and is a subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. The plan is to consolidate the two plants that together employ about 390 people.

Worldwide, ConvaTec employs 2,800 workers"

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Convatec goes public......buy them

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ConvaTec continues to lose market share in ostomy both worldwide and in the US. They are a "me too" company; not very innovative. Don't know for certain what's happening with their skin wound care divisions. Most reps I know are not happy, have not been with the company very long. High turnover. Micromanagement rules. A "benefit" they have is that they are on several/most GPO's. However, like many big companies, they are arrogant, especially in Premier accounts as Hollister got thrown off the Premier contract. Opens the door for the competition.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A shout-out to Post 13: "please, put the bong away!" Convatec has been an innovative company for decades--and has been eagerly imitated by many competitors. Who first brought hydrocolloids to the world? An old technology, yes, but still universally used. Ever heard of Flexi-Seal--pretty innovative, too...ever heard about hydrofiber? The competitors hate Aquacel, but the market craves it. There are many fine technologies out there from a lot of wound care comapnies--what's your beef against Convatec? As to arrogance or high turnover at Convatec, and your other astounding pronouncements, have you polled hundreds of Convatec Reps so as to speak with such a degree of intelligence? You sound a little shaky, pal. On second thought, keep the bong...it actually might do you some good.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To Post 14: With regards to ostomy, who came up with the first disposable ostomy pouch? Who came up with the first clampless pouch? Who came up with the first adhesive coupling pouch? Who came up with the first double layer adhesive technology? ConvaTec is a copycat company when it comes to ostomy, and the fact is, they are losing market share fast and furious.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love all the industry analysts that post on this site. Unfortunately for the rest of the industry, we specialize in Skin and Wound Care too. Thank you for the analysis, try working instead.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to work at ConvaTec, a place that goes against every rule of good management this is the place for you. I have first hand experience on how weak and spineless these corporate "jerk offs" really are.

J.F. AND K.K They REALLY can't handle the truth!! Thanks you did me a great favor.

The Gypsy

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And to think that JF keeps getting promoted!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buy CVT stock??? Yeah right, I want shares of commodity med devices like I would want an ostomy. CVT has great products, great sales people, and management is still sqeezing all the blood they can get in double-digit growth for 30, 20 and 10 year old products. But buy stock? Why do you think a share of CVT would grow on the open market. It took CVT several years to go from a $800 million worldwide sales co. to $1 billion. Think about that. Many med companies launch new technology and see $100 or $200 million in growth within 2-3 years.
    Many CVT sales people are the best of the best, but soemthing has to give in the coming months for that next generation of world-wide growth before I would pay a dime for CVT stock. It will be owned soon by another co., then see what happens.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOUR EITHER A COLOPLAST REP or just plain stupid. Coloplast DID NOT pass CVT or Hollister for market share in the US. DME companies make their fair margins. Maybe the one your family goes to is a mom and pop that does not know how to pick the appropriate dist. Try Liberty Medical, or CCS. Finally, you always get what you pay for. If Coloplast was so good, why do 90% of WOCN in major med ctrs choose CVT, or Hollister.