Convatec

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Sep 26, 2005 at 8:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering no hospital in the country will allow anything but mylar... what a waste of money!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

worst marketing screw up of all time ??????

what is the worst convatec "marketing screw up" of all time
    this should have a ton of good ones

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: worst marketing screw up of all time ??????

VXC (Elmer's Glue holding Aquacel and DD together) was the worst marketing screw-up in modern Convatec history (pre Nordic Avista but the culture was already turning rancid). The Molnlycke silicones, Allevyn, and Biatain dressings have eroded almost all VXC biz so more recently Convatec glued together A/Ag and DD to make the new "surgical dressing"--another flop. Back in the mid-nineties didn't we come out with a hydrocolliod looking like a tape worm? Can't recall its name (Sorba something?), but it was another pretty big disaster. At least you weren't fired for not selling it. How many excellent TMs had careers ended because of VXC? Anyone still have customers buying this garbage?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chondra, yes! Poor thing always looked tired and in need of a good scrubbing. Sad she was in a position she knew nothing about. did TB hire her?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Putting Terry B in charge

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As to another wonderful marketing screw up, wasn't it your CEO, affectionately dubbed "popeye" by some, who inflicted Engenex on his once mighty TM sales force? And yoiu guys were indeed the best out there until the BMS divestiture set in motion a destructive wave of resignations, terminations, and lay-offs.

How many millions of dollars were wasted on Engenex? 15, 20 million, or more?What are the annual sales of this "me-10" negative pressure device? 500k, maybe? A bigger marketing flop than VXC, but just as laughable. And your CEO is still at the "helm"? What a bad joke.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vitiala Ostomy System

Restani launched Vitala Ostomy System back in 2001 at the National Sales Meeting, and we are still trying to launch the product. This company has not R&D competency. Just sell the house of brands.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny, just when this product gets rolling we kill it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

our pipeline is so empty
    is that part of Nordics strategy as I do not understand why since Aug 2008 there have been no acquisitions or anything worth a shit. they lied so much about helping us grow.
    now I have zippo to sell that is under 15 years old.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoa there big fella, what are you smokin'? Convatec has had multiple layoffs.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This original post was from a few years ago---since then Convatec has tumbled to the depths of disgrace. No pipeline, continuous lay-offs, paltry market share in AWC, no growth. The foreign owners of Convatec have allowed your CEO, dIj, a numbskull, and his many sychophants (how many "presidents" and "vps" do you have??) the freedom to destroy this company. Especially in the US market, convatec is a diminished player, having lost, in the last 18 months, at least a hundred tenured, successful, and industry respected TMs to mainly competitive wound care companies where they take sales from their former employer and grow the sales of their new, highly appreciative, employers. With the next lay-off coming soon, does anyway really think that some of the many useless vps will be excessed? TMs: update your resumes, it's coming, soon.......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is the RSM ranks are targeted next, as they continue to consolidate the sales force for divesture. Fewer RSMs will be required in the new model. The remaining TMs might have their wishes come true if one of the RSMs is targeting for position elimination.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, wasn't the Empire Region RSM "targeted" by being demoted back into a territory? This RSM was one of the worst talking with those who worked for her so maybe demoting the RSM losers to TMs is cheaper than firing them (with severance). Thus you don't have to replace an open territory with a newbie.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it would appear that our insider has tipped the hand to how the rsms will be deomoted down to tms as a method to avoid severance from job elimination as a result of the planned region consolidation to save expenses.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

would a RSM make a good TM

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would a RSM make a good TM?
    Unfortunately their egos may not allow it. The reality is that often a good TM is rewarded with promotion to the position of RSM or some other role they are often equally unqualified for. Clearly the skill set required for each role is totally different and not always the most ideal fit when promoted to the level of, well you know what they say. Having a TM in a track for promotion does not provide this skill set either. Recently we have had RSMs brought in from the outside as well and that does not seem to be all that great either. Aquired one of the Good ole Boys and although entertaining and smooth, not all that bright. Convatec is not the place where great managers come to hang their hat, they come here because they are no longer employable at more highly regarded organizations. They are washed up and then out. Think about it. If you were really top notched, would you come poking around Convatec for a job?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely agree with this post but Convatec is no different than many orgs that promote the best reps to manager. Most are better off staying a rep. and probably make more money, but you are right a good or even great rep rarely makes a successful manager. Who would want to be a manager in this company anyway? They are really just paper pushing babysitters. Do they really make a difference?

Who is this good ole boy dude being referred to here? An entertaining RSM - need to see that. Someone just waiting out for retirement and had to go somewhere to collect a check ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a bit off your topic, but i came across this site trying to figure out what to do about the piece of shit product i have been using for the last 3 years, which is made by coloplast. Not only is it so horrible now, but the way it is priced so different everywhere you look makes no sense at all.... I am hoping that someone can direct me to a good quality product without feeding me any of there bullshit sales pitches ( sorry for sounding blunt there)..

To you whom work in the supply world..... you guys need to take a better look at prices and such for these supplies as well. for a box of 5 flanges (part # 10021 sensura) i pay $42.87 and a box of 10 pouches (part # 13965 assura) i pay $33.00.. this just seems crazy.. yeah the canadian dollar is crazy... but none of this shit is even made in canada, so why is it that it seems canada has some of the highest prices i can find on the internet?

anyways.. hope someone can help me out. i probably will never find this website again so if you can answer any questions or help me out please e-mail me at bry.robb@gmail.com

thanks a bunch

Bryan

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sometimes, but just because you can manage does not mean you can sell.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ostomy product: Low Pressure Adaptor. Launched around 2009. A real winner. Always trying to catch up with Hollister. Still a "me too" company.