Zoll Lie vest

Discussion in 'Zoll Medical' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

worst managed company in history, period. I've worked for gritty companies, start ups, and fortune 500 over the last 20+ years. This is the worst.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think moral is down?? can you read??? Moral=income
    you do the math!!! Idiot....hope you get the job!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you take the job, save all the bubble wrap, sales aids and plastic mannequin. You will need the wrap when you finally are ousted and lose your home because no one else will touch you with a ten foot pole. The sales aids will come in handy for heating in the winter and you can cuddle the mannequin after your family disowns you. Better yet just carry the "dummy" along with you in the car to practice ride-alongs or bring along to customer Q/A meetings, trust me it will go a lot smoother.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't tell you how great it felt heaving that mannequin into the local landfill years ago

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no....hang on to that stupid mannequin...Its comes in handy when you are driving as fast as hell in the car pool lane to get away from this joke-of-a company!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honest post. Wish this board had been here before I joined Zoll. Like the above poster, I knew early it was a mistake. They had me out selling a month before I went to "training" (how does the FDA let that happen?) and training was a joke. Took awhile, but I got out and you can, too. Don't sell your soul if you are still there and good luck. It will be behind you someday soon.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They had me out and meeting people before my official first day of work. As you all know this job has you working non stop with little reward. It takes roughly a year before your quota gets out of control and you will not be able to make goal. I knew within 6 months that I made a huge mistake coming on board but I wanted to make it work so kept working harder, that was my second mistake. The reps that can go two years before the quota goes out of control are those that are starting with a quota of zero or 2K, those are the ones that leave in in 20 months or so, when their quota is now out of control. Anyone that is telling you that they are making money at this job is in their first few months before their two week quota grows out of control. Please don't fall for their "words of wisdom" as they have not been on board long enough to see their quota spiral out of control. This is a desperate manager trying to use a new rep to tell you that everything on this board isn't true and real. Unfortunately that rep fell for the lies that were told to them (which are the lies that they are telling you) and in a few months that "happy rep making money" will be either on a PIP or looking for their exist strategy and so will you. Don't do it, it will be the single biggest mistake in your career.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your post.
    Good stuff.
    Honest.

We have to keep this site strong by exposing these lying corporations.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Went to a training Recently. Met a rep from the Pittsburgh, PA market, he is crushing it; how? How, are they doing it out there? It also seems like they all really like it, and are happy. I am really sinking out here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The rep out there is probably very new as a majority of reps are in their first year. Being that such a large majority of reps are new they are making their quota because they haven't been here long enough for their quota to get out of control yet. Give it a few months and they will be in the same position as you are, looking to leave or being asked to leave. It is crazy how these managers and directors share such number s like 70% of the field force is making their goals. What they don't tell you is that the high majority of those reps are new and their quota has not grown so big that they are under water yet. Give it a few more months and they will be right where you are at (not making your goals). Once this happens they will see how hard they are working and how much time they are putting in to only make their salary and then they will also be looking to leave. Give it time grasshopper .

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a time to be optimistic.
    there is a time to be pessimistic.

when they start fudging the numbers and making you work like a pig, then its time to go. reps need to stop being so naive when considering companies to work for. if you got fooled, chalk it up as a learning experience...and be smarter about WHAT you are selling, because, as an outsider...it is very clear that you are selling a product that is not that great.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right in the respect that everyone needs to chalk this up to experience and learn what they could have done differently to really learn about how the company operates. When I came on board there wasn't much information on this site nor available from previous employees. Now this site is available to give potential candidates that they are being mislead during interviews with this company. Also there are so many more people available that have worked here and now can share there personal experience one on one when potential candidates contact them.

I disagree with you on one point, it is a good product the real issues stem from the company and how it is set up, who leads it, how the quotas are set, how they compensate, how they take money away from you if the product isn't reimbursed for a patient or the insurance paid the patient to pay Zoll and the patient didn't pay, how there is little data to support the LV and the company wants the field to use studies that don't include the LV to bring validity for use, how holidays are provided and the list goes on. More than anything the real big issues are how quotas come about and how they keep compounding to a point that nobody can keep up and then they blame the rep. This is a classic example of a company being organized and led by people that are way over their heads. Good product the the worst mismanaged company ever.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A potential explanation; the Vest trial is currently underway. Institutions in and around Pittsburgh are primary investigation sites. Meaning investigators are being paid to put all consenting, qualifying patients in the Lifevest!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A good product...seriously??? I am not certain what is good about the LifeVest!?!?

Let's review:

- It is uncomfortable, bulky, heavy, and antiquated.
    - Uses a simple algorithm to determine treatment parameters.
    - It is expensive.
    - It is unnecessary (1.3% save rate/98.7% it goes unused)
    - Tech support is a joke.
    - Payors have determined it unnecessary (as shown in reimbursement).
    - Sold on fear and "what ifs".
    - Has no competition because it has no value in the marketplace.

I could go on, but I ask; what is so good about this product??? BTW, I have been in my territory almost 2 years and I have had 1 "marginal" save...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bahahahaha! so true, and of course we know the results have been "postponed" several times. The study is a joke and so is the product. But paying physicians may work, just like Zoll pays the PSRs that work at the institutions to fit the est, constituting self referral (self payment to me).

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lies, incompetence and bullying. There's nothing else to see here when you look up.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I testify to you, this is the LieVest! the message that we are instructed to deliver as written by management is to scare prescribers with the threat of a law suit if you don't put them in the vest. After two full days riding with my lost and corrupt RM, I was approached by a LV supporter who told that it is damaging to my credibility promote my product for NICM with out supportive data, and he is right, it does not exist. The problem is that this is where the 8 billion in growth is supposed to come from. My prescriber informed me that he will continue to write for explants of implanted ICD's and for ICM, he will also be more vocal on his feelings about the lack of scholarly support NICM. What am I to do? To say "quit" is not realistic. I don't have another job. This job is so damaging to my sense of right and WRONG! I hope my customers will forgive me, but I am just trying to survive. I am a single parent that is responsible for providing. This position makes me sick

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely understand where you're coming from and how you feel. My first question to you is why didn't you believe the posts and info on this board before joining the company?
    Being that there is over 70% turn over the high probability that you joined Zoll in the last 18 months is at least 70%. People are posting on this board so prospective employees like yourself do not get wrapped up in the lies that are told during the interview and trying to share a realistic picture of what this role and company is really like. Everything you shared here is completely true and accurate and also have been shared on this board numerous times. I feel for you as a single parent provider and now seeing that you have sold your sole and reputation to the devil. You can get out but it will take time. Start your job search now and you will find something that you can feel good about and will bring you good money as well. There are so many companies right now hiring that want people with strong hospital experience and that is one thing that this role provides is great training on how to really work a hospital. You will find a new role but you will need to seriously spend time doing it. This role will keep tugging your time away, but you need to look at what is best for you and make sure that you dedicate time to apply for new jobs and interviews. I think you will find that there are a tremendous amount of people out in the market who have worked for Zoll in the past and will understand where you are coming from as it's quite unbelievable for people outside to understand. Good luck to you on getting out.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This board didn't exist until about 18 months ago. The Zoll stuff was on the Medtronic board before. The truth is out now and the mangers are losing their sh*t because it's getting harder hire.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing how well this board has worked to spread the word. No wonder Zoll doesn't have an internal place to discuss challenges and experiences. It would be flooded with the same sentiments as these threads.