Ethicon Biosurgery

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Here is what I have learned after 20 years of sales. Show up consistently, be nice to everyone, know your product, and do what you say. Leave the bravado bs at home"

so you said this right? listen Zig Ziglar either you are a complete moron or do not know how to communicate your thoughts very well. keep up the good work jackass.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did I not communicate well? By the way, I think zig zigler is a joke as well as all the other self help idiots.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Use AIDINC when you sell in the OR Nd you'll be fine

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are clearly advocating that those that "challenge customers", "closing business" and "eat what you kill" are gay. Not the pillow-biting gay but the you're an idiot gay or you have no idea what you are talking about gay. Then you proceed to explain what it takes to get the job done because after all YOU are a TL with 20 years of experience because a young sales rep could never be as good a a 20 year veteran... Your advice says nothing about the sales process and nothing about closing for business. Now that I have broken this down for you take a play out of a 3 year vet in the industry and start finding a need through asking questions, fill the need and close. No bravado just sales 101.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bio reps will be fired or turned into TLs in 2015

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha. You proved my point exactly. You are still young which is why you still believe what you do. This job isn't that hard. The younger you are the more complicated you tend to make it. However, it is hard to perform well consistently for yeeeaaars but it has nothing to do with asking questions.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biosurgery is a joke. I don't understand why there has even been this many comments under this thread. This division was the place to be about 4-5 years ago. For the past 2-3 years they have been completely irrelevant. Once RH came in all the talent quickly departed. The rapid growth and hunter mentality is long gone. He parked his car around an oak tree, but it was too late. This is a contract only gig. Put a fork in it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do u guys have an issue with taking a shit in the hospital? The older I get it's like clockwork. As soon as I get to the hospital I gotta go. I do it everyday now but it's so gross!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's business?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually you proved my point exactly by deflecting the main point of the conversation - closing sales - . the debate was whether or not you stated the importance of closing a sale. if you actually would listen (in this case read) you would understand the content of the debate at hand. based on your ability (or lack thereof) to carry on a conversation through a message board I am sure you are amazing in front of your customers (sarcasm). keep up the good work and please make sure the coffee does not get too cold the next time you bring me starbucks.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha so typical. Starbucks reference and all. That joke is old. The whole coffee reference wasn't that funny 10 years ago. Again, typical young sales guy, bright eyed and bushy tailed that think he's gonna conquer it all. Closing sales was not my main point but I will respond. Yes, it is important never said it wasn't. What I'm talking about is how everyone comes on this board and wants to pretend that all other sales jobs and reps are inferior to them. Then they act tough like they know how to close etc suggesting that everyone else is a dumbass, scared, or whatever.

My point is all that is bullshit. To have any success year in and year out you can't go into these same account guns blazing and closing every two seconds. You may have some short term success but your career will be short lived. Sales isn't some formula u can teach anyone. Identify needs, ask questions, close...that shit is good in theory but any good sales rep is born. You waltzing in being the tough guy and eating what you kill won't get you but a 3-5 year career. Your customers will quickly grow to hate your ass. Sales is more about the intangibles. Being perceptive, pushing when appropriate, likability, credibility. If you think otherwise then you are young in your sales career. Look around at the 40 year old sales guys that have tenure. They aren't going out there like some nutjob eating what they kill hahahaha.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually 16 years at the former EES and almost two as TL, executive rep, probably won trip more than you hit quota. So the great master has more career making advice for all you "youngsters" out there:

First - closing is not important and in fact gay.
    Second - asking questions has nothing to do with the sales process
    Can't wait to hear what is next! Maybe that showing new product will not help, or perhaps going over features and benefits is a waste of time, maybe it could be that you have so much experience because you are the sales Czar that giving accounts new product codes is a waste of time.

You are a true jackass.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some people are just too stubborn. No point in arguing. Reread my original post. I never said closing is gay and asking questions has nothing to do with the sales process. Your missing the whole concept of my original post. Once again the typical bravado..."I've won trips" then name calling....I'm a jackass apparently.

I'm not gonna take the time to explain my original post. You take it too literal

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just bustin' your balls ya queer. one rule we never talked about... don't take yourself too seriously...especially on cafepharma!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a bunch of tools

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha. Right back at you flamer.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Explain how Ethicon is going to recruit "tenured seasoned reps", everyone knows Ethicon is a joke and wouldn't/shouldn't take a job here unless it was really a last resort.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everybody knows when you come to Ethicon all your dreams come true

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more like nightmares

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Increase pay Einstein and stop hiring new college grads for the position. Another idea is that an ASR cannot take that position straight way from being an ASR. You get what you pay for.