Bloated management

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can only speak for my division.

Merck marketing is a complete joke. We have so many people running around trying validate their jobs it's ridiculous. We develop goofy plans that are "legally approved" and completely lack an understanding of what sells. I spent 9 years in sales before moving and I can tell you marketing is clueless. Selling is about relationships, we can't teach that so we manufacture messages that are pathetic and then blame sales when it does not work. Senior leadership is running around trying to salvage their career while keeping a few people underneath them to maintain their own jobs. You could clear out half the do nothing managers in marketing and other various depts and save the company a ton. I have always thought we should send samples and thus eliminate 90% of sample compliance dept.

We instead choose to dump the front line sales groups which are the only ones that generate any revenue. Don't get me wrong, sales needed to be reduced and span of control radically altered----still plenty of room to continue this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look to the reps who had low numbers years after year! Some of these untouchables got promoted and moved to glamorous new jobs!

They have the hidden answers!

After all, they they know a special wizardry when it comes to getting such fab results!