LERS No More

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word on the street is that LERs will be downgraded to Exec Reps so they will no longer be at the band 4 level. Does this mean that the S1 reps will be upgraded to S2 and all reps will be at the same level? LERs - I know this might sting initially, but you all still have jobs and you're making good money. Still a lot to be happy about.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard this today also. Wow!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LERS were never at band 4.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Actually they were at the same band as managers and were eligible for stock just as managers. If you go on the career sight you will see that they are band 400 which is the same band as a manager.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why I just give Merck my 8 hours a day and that's it. All that extra work sales reps were willing to do just to get and maintain that LER role and all of a sudden it's taken away. It literally doesn't pay to go the extra mile for Merck these days unless you make it to upper management.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S1s are already S2s

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good
    Now we'll have a lot less of those brown-nose teleconferences at the end of the year for their differentiation

What a joke this company has become

S3's=the same as everybody else except only a 4 day work week instead of 5

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And very big BUCKS!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FU!l.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leadership w/o a Title! Don't we all remember that special book offered in Florida. Send a few books to the MAE's. Now the fireworks begin when they see how well Zontivity, Grastek and the Improve It trial adds to the bottom line. Is the handwriting on the wall? Better have a backup plan folks.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

East coaster here. Say what? I am an LER and was told nothing of the sort. Is there a bulletin or something you can refer me to? If this rings true I'm out of this place. Demotion will lead to rebadging then contract which are essentially one in the same.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it was announced yesterday in this Region by TC.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard from 2 separate managers yesterday as well! We should all be S2s in this case and get same bonus structure too.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beginning in 2015 there are going to be no title designations. All are going by the wayside. The announcement will
    Go out after the next termination announcement

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well the only valued reps are Oncology, all of them are S3 and will keep the S3 in 2015. They work less, see less doctors, less often, their job descriptions have more value than every other rep in the company. Way to motivate your people Merck and find value in good representatives. What is in store for working hard?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the exception of Oncology, the only question is....if you are not actively conducting job searches elsewhere, why aren't you? If you are in a field position, please post why you believe you have at least 15 more years with Merck. I don't believe you can.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think it's easy to get a pharma job anywhere now. I've been "out" nearly two years, and get about one interview a month...always a finalist, but never selected. There is tough competition out there for a limited number of available positions. What is it--40,000 fewer pharma sales jobs today vs. 6,7 years ago? The industry has been forever contracting...and the layoffs don't stop. People are hanging on to the bitter end, knowing that it's no bed of roses out there. Even getting a contract sales gig can be very difficult to get. And if you are over 50, reinventing yourself and starting over in another career is difficult as well. No easy answers...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good news is that we have had several people quit on their own this year and they have found positions in pharma sales and management. There are positions, it just takes time. To your point, some people just hang on til the bitter end however, by then, it may be too late. Continuing on the good news theme, there are actually pharma and biotech companies that are growing and paying more than Merck. Hang in there and keep swinging, you will find the right fit.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and be careful who you choose to speak with. Many low-life creeps out there looking for cheap insight into what we do. Choose wisely.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All good and even the MAEs will be consolidated. Throw in the respiratory group next year and the CV reps this year and the sales force will be tiny... If you don't look for another job now and quit waiting for the bridge or severance you'll have a good ass kickin in store for you... Good luck trying to keep the company afloat with Zontivity, Januvia and the sleeper... Time for a big merger....