KAM

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Sep 9, 2014 at 12:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the biggest joke is this new KAM expansion. Some consulting group approved these new positions. However, my KAM is calling on singular hospitals, not systems. These are the same hospitals that reps can't get into.
    This is simply adding another rep to the territory, which in turn will make it harder for access. If they had some credentials behind their name, such as pharm d, then customers might be interested. Since they don't, they offer no value and will not help the selling process.
    I have been told that they have to produce inside of twelve months, or KAMS will be gone. In all likelihood, the position will be dissolved as the company sees they don't directly generate revenue or create value. Just like the RST role.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep my KAM has never sold an antibiotic.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaahaaha! Wait, what? Your KAM has never sold an antibiotic? Who signed off on this hiring? I'm serious. Who?

Unbelievable.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

true story. came from legacy actavis
    but it's ok. Pfizer will see this is not an necessary position and slice the kams

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

newsflash..if we get bought by Pfizer none of us will be necessary. there's your true story

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not at all impressed with KAMs..mental midgets..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For that matter not impressed who KAMs report to..Buhl

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to the OP, the industry is moving toward the KAM model. do your homework. reps/dms will be dinosaurs in a few years

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes but true KAMS call on c-suites, systems, etc
    these KAMs are calling on individual hospitals---ones that already have a rep. it's a joke
    it's a rep job with a fancy title

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is an absolute joke. Who is the fool that signed off the KAM expansion? And who is the bigger fool for putting Shannon " I can't sell" Buhl in charge of it? Just crazy.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they gave some individual accounts to the KAMs as the first phase in slowly but surely reducing the number of reps/managers. all part of the master plan being cooked at the top

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AI is the greatest KAM to ever sell an antibiotic, just ask him...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer has KAMs also. They are as useless as yours-go check the Pfizer board.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, I accepted a KAM role as a promotion. Dumb of me. You are a rep with title no long fits anywhere in the corporate structure. Not really sales - not really managed care.

Here is something pharma executives and leadership needs to learn. Regional integrated delivery systems are not insurance companies. They hold little to leverage in prescribing patterns They are beholden to insurance companies. Focusing on IDNs is a waste of time. A good clinical sales rep is important, but not a KAM. You are put into a position of make believe and your career will end in the same manner.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like someone is still bitter about not getting the KAM job.