Slate Pharma???

Discussion in 'Southeast Reps' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone heard of or work for this company? If so, what are your thoughts and how do you like working there? Thanks for your honest opinions, I am looking at a sales position with them.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did you find out about position? Did a recruiter contact you or did you find them on a website?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an independent contractor job, last I heard, and with an odd contract. Read it carefully if you are considering.

The owner is the former Auxilium CEO who was hired to launch their IPO. He was sacked right after he filled the ranks with cronies and succeeded in the IPO. Auxilium's top managers are still intertwined in BS with him. There is way too much drama considering the tiny sales of Slate. It's not even a market contender. Some say they operate "lean and mean" others say "fly by night". You judge.

Like all pharma jobs, the reps have zero access to actual sales numbers, only the "reported" numbers. Even though it is 100% commission, you have to trust them to tell you what you earned.

Some have said a therapeutic dose often requires a lot more pellets than stated on the PI. The product was approved by the FDA in the 60s. Assays are a lot more accurate now. It's too expensive to change the PI to state the actual therapeutic dose.

Marketing is done by tried and true big pharma tactics on a nothing budget. It's a saturated market and the product has a minor niche: T-gel non-absorbers unwilling to do cheaper T-shots who are willing to do a minor surgery a few times a year. It's hard to find docs willing to stock (pay up front for) the pellets and do the installation in a busy practice. Marketing is minimal.

It's a tough sell as a rep too, especially for a traditional pharma rep who's left with no base salary, benefits, trinkets or gold card.

Speaking of drama, here's a recent DDMAC slapdown for Slate making unsupported marketing claims: http://www.fdanews.com/ext/files/SlatePharma.pdf

This looks like pharma marketing rookie mistakes based on staffing with a tiny budget. Auxilium's rabid legal team could have mailed this case to the FDA. The advertised effects of testosterone are understood as fact by most physicians. Unfortunately, the support for the claims is anecdotal. Another problem is that the doc in the videos in question is a contentious egomaniac. With him, they crossed the line between paying for business and killing business.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^i have an interview with Slate soon. the opening is for a customer service position mostly working phones, handling invoices and what not, i assume.

any thoughts? you seem to know about them. i am just looking for something that will be around for a while.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even for cafe pharma, it is SHOCKING to come across something so completely inaccurate! I'll admit that this person comes across as being someone 'in the know', and has a good delivery, but believe me they don't know jack shit! I think the ONLY part of the entire post that actually has some validity is where he/she discusses the CEO. No kidding, EVERYTHING else is the exact opposite of what the true reality is! UNBELIEVABLE!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends, are you hott? ;)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

an admin would be direct and never come here for real info. this site is monitored by slate. my 2 cents: fda.gov says testopel got approval in 1972 and ddmac action looks legit. ceo and auxilium have gross legal history and dr. m is a industry hoe. not sure if sales job has base and benefits or indep contractor. heard they use trust-me pharma sales comp model with orders between home office and provider. i'd ask to see sales numbers from competing reps and talk to users about dosing before signing on.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this still true? A recruiter told me that reps make 50-70K in bonus last year with 65-75K base. What's going on there?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how did the interview go? Did you like what you heard?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!! Wish I knew that when I was hired! SPOILER ALERT: the only reps that make close to that in bonus are the tenured reps that inherited the KOL's that are speakers etc. You may make 10-15k in bonus, providing you're not canned after increasing sales by 35% like our most recent departure. Culture is "slimey" nice meaning everything is rah rah and nice to your face but dont be fooled, BW and CW don't loose any sleep over letting good reps go to save money.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a complete SHAM - they don't give a SHIT about anyone, and I mean ANYONE. It's truly amazing how well they cover up the truth...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know what happened to Jax rep?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He quit...tired of the politics. Great Rep