NEXT LAYOFF

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We need some excitement...it has been so auto-pilot lately. I am just waiting to hear the buzzer go off and an announcement be made. Pfizer cuts 30% sales force. It is so exciting and fun for at least a month. Everyone speculating, creating stories in their head, freaking out is so exciting. This stays quo bull is for the birds. Come on guys, I do sell best during times of uncertainty.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a d**k

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, You are Mr. Wonderful. Get dumped, asshole, and you will sooner or later, and you will be one of the stats. Selling......yeah, right...you do what everyone else in Pharma does....next to nothing.
    Turds like you will be crying crocodile tears when they can your ass.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be in marketing and have nothing to do right now so you want to create chaos to save your pathetic a$$

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As sick as you are, OP, I have a slight obsession with the whole layoff thing. It is like a game. They announce that they have to "restructure"...everyone starts to panic, can't focus, just gossiping/panicking...then the anticipation of the call! Oh the call! Oh the call... Uh Uh Ok, I have a job...where is my new territory? My new boss? My new products?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard today that after April 1st everyone laid off will get their layoff payment on a weekly basis instead of in one lump sum. Is that really true? It would be just like Frank and Ian to screw their employees one last time as they flush them out of Pfizer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALL CONTRACT BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR.

They just can't justify paying people $100K-$125K to drop off samples and act like they are busy anymore.

If you are not looking for another job right now, you need to shine a flashlight into your ear in a dark room and make sure there is no light coming out the other side of your head.

That weekly severance pay will be docked at the gift tax rate, will kick in after your 60 day WARN, and will disappear well before you get another job if you are not looking beforehand

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax douche bag! Even if you get laid off you will land another gig within six months. Everyone I know who was let go previously has found employment. No one lost their home, car, or is food stamps. Move on A-hole! NO LAYOFFS THIS YEAR!!!!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, there will be layoffs this year. Pain Division and hospital

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't waste your time. Everyone that is still here is sure that they will last until THEY decide to leave. A year from now they'll be like so many others experienced reps or managers, hoping that X (name a CSO) gets a one year contract to help sell Y (name new diabetes drug here.)! Go to Publicis to InVentiv sites to see what I mean. It really is sad testament to today's industry.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only safe division is oncology.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually..no lay-offs this year...move along to another board...total $shit bag!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are probably right about no layoffs this year, however rumblings will be heard at year end with some announcement date for big time cuts sometime early 2015. Only slight hope is if we get some major product pushed through the FDA for approval before year end or we buy out another pharma company for their products/pipeline like we have done so many times.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true.

If you are not looking for a career out of pharma...it is your own fault.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how people breathe such a sign of relief when there are no expected layoffs "this year".

You all have a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome

You deserve better

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We just survive here, that's all

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Pfizer leadership attitude towards their employees is: use them, abuse them and then dump them..........

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's "sigh"

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much sales headcount is there left to cut? Not much really.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Institutional sales group was supposed to be dissolved during Q413. Now it is becoming obvious that the people who argued to keep them on were wrong. There are already too many reps promoting Eliquis in the cardiology groups and offices. They are now slated to be taken off the books by the end of Q3.As almost everyone one knows that there are few hospital starts for this drug class,couple that with poorer and poorer access,it adds up the demise of IS. Many are fleeing on their own, with management trying their best to say all is well.