Emperor Pfizer strikes again

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PFE decided they want AZ.....beginning of the end. Whether it's tax cuts or whatever, AZ is cooked. It will take a while but it will happen, decimation of departments, sales forces, people lives and families, massive layoffs all for the sake "new world" "culture change". There is a special place in hell for humans who develop and execute plans that knowingly destroy peoples' livelihoods.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you TALKING about? I'll go slowly so that you can follow.

Is there a special place in hell for manufacturers of fax machines? Horse carriages? Mimeograph machines? Car phones? Door to door vacuum cleaner or brush salesmen? What happened to the delivery milkmen or the guys that dropped off blocks of ice decades ago?

Polaroid is out of business. So is Kodak film and most film developers. Why did these businesses go away? They were obsolete. So are the great majority of us. Its plain and simple: there is no longer a need for what most of us do. That is why our access is almost nil in medical schools and teaching hospitals, big offices, hospital clinics.

Please do yourself a favor, and read up on the anti-pharma rhetoric being published in peer review medical journals and published book, for Jiminy sake!

AZ is cooked, a lot of us are cooked, too. If you're not prepared for the post-pharma life, throw rocks at your image in the mirror.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well put-when you're right you're right. It may not happen tomorrow or next month/year...but it's coming. A slow death-but a death never-the-less.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I retired from the industry years ago and can remember the Pfizer people I met in the field and the horror stories they told me about waiting at the phone on Friday mornings to see if they still had a job after this (the one of many) layoffs. AZ is going to get an education just like the folks from Park Davis, Upjohn, Pharmacia, and Wyeth did. The read on the event in today's Wall Street Journal shows a graph of the whole sick thing. If you can stomach the article, find it tomorrow and read about AZ's short future and their fate. Good luck to you all!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Emperor Pfizer strikes again - no jerks policy

The joy I experienced when I left Pfizer was huge.

My manager and director were bullies or in Pfizer lingo - 'Jerks'.

What a joke that 'No Jerk' policy is. Confront the person you believe to be a jerk by slamming a coin onto the table in front of you to enable a discussion on why you think they exhibited jerk like behaviour.

I got out because I could not allow myself to become a Pfizer'oid'. We all know what they look like and its not attractive.

I would never recommend anyone to work at Pfizer. As for Frank is he member of the mob?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, this! I can't stomach the whining from my counterparts and peers. Pfizer led the way with reach and frequency silliness with 14-16 PCP and "specialty" reps in each big office, so most of our competitors followed suit. In 1997 or so, the barrier for entry was so low, that even training managers noted the severe dumbing down of the field force. And since we needed someone to baby-sit this new crew, we promoted political hires and cronies with an average of 4 years of experience to District-level managers, and nothing BUT cronies to Regional level. Our market spend was head and shoulders above everyone else's, and we needed to hire more marketing heads to replace the PD and Pharmacia folks that refused to come over.
    Now that we are getting close to the optimal size of sales and marketing, people want to spout nonsense about "ruining livelihoods"? I say cut to the bone, and be lean and mean like we were in the early 90s. Increase bonus potential, cut the # of reps in the field, get rid of RMs. Each 7 or 8 Regional Directors should have 10-12 DMs. Dump the worthless KAMs, ramp up the number senior level Account Managers, and hold them accountable for getting products on formulary or on sweet spot on plans' treatment algorithm. Cant get her done? BUH-BYE!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer hungry. Eat now.

Pfizer eat AstraZeneca.

Gobble, gobble, buuurrrrppppp! Yummy in my tummy...

...quick, get me some Pepto Bismol!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard of Kirby door-to-door vacuum salesman, recently, that make $100,000.00 plus benefits per year.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Glove is coming back to Pfizer. Rock on.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Backdoor visits to Obama's house. Check.
    Write Affordable Care Act. Check.
    Pass Obamacare. Check.
    Raise the national debt to pay for Pfizer drugs. Check.
    Cut Pfizer's US tax liability through complex acquisition inversion scheme. Check. Check!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One impact of the Warner-Lambert, Pharmacia, Wyeth and King acquisitions was that over 100,000 people were laid off from Pfizer. That's why Ian Read is being warned not to pull that shit in the UK if he buys AZ. In Europe it's about people. In America it's about the rich getting richer and screwing working people is seen to be a great thing if it makes corporations and the One Percent even richer than they are already. Natural selection at work........

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure it's going to happen... but I would like Pfizer to lose one for once!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer only cares about profits for execs. Every quarter there has been a cut in employee benefits or programs. Now, certain grades in the company (in US and Puerto Rico - not including union and sales) will experience up to a 17.5% pay cut in order to "harmonize" the GPP bonus program. You have an "opportunity" to make the amount of money you made last year. Albeit less take home pay because you get taxed higher for bonus pay. Just another way Pfizer is a big Jerk to employees. sounds like a struggling company when they have to cut thousands of employees pay - not one that is good in the game....