ALLOS THERAPEUTICS HIRING

Discussion in 'Allos Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2010 at 8:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consider this position if you like to be micromanaged and enjoy working for top management that are clueless about oncology. They think the way things worked in primary care should transfer to oncology. Don't believe what they say in the interview process, it is a lie.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the interview?Typical STAR questions? Anything unusual? Thanks (only serious reply please)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good old boys fraternity with Jim Caruso & Paul Berns. All they care about is selling the company so they can make their millions while you'll be left interviewing for your current job. Nothing but a bunch of old rejects from big pharma that have their heads so far up Jim & Paul's rear end, its the only way they have a job in oncology with ZERO oncology experience.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is about to explode! Fighting amongst upper level management, Bad press, and reps about to tell them to stick he job up their asses. The honeymoon is officially over!
    Just watch, its all going to come to a head real quickly.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the people I know there are from small biotechs, not big pharma? They are also happy, at least on the sales side.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know people there also and they say it is big pharma. When upper management comes from big pharma they make it big pharma, that is all they know to do. Very primary care environment, pair that mentality with a rare disease and it is a recipe for disaster.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I have heard the same things about them.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paul Berns = big pharma
    Jim Caruso = big pharma
    Artie Larson = big pharma
    Scott Komorous = big pharma
    all other cronies are friends & colleagues of the above mentioned names and they ALL came from big pharma

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With no oncology experience. The company is for sale and the clock is ticking. Berns blew it when Celegene bought Glouster Pharmaceuticals and Caruso showed his hand when he told the New york times that patients die early so the real cost of pralatrexate is not known. This is what these guys know vitamins and chronic kidney disease not hematology. Dont worry they will take care of themselves.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the pay like? Good stock options?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with one of these guys and he gave me the names of a couple of his reps. Neither spoke highly of the position or the manager.I asked my docs about the product and not 1 has seen a PTCL patient in years. I chose not to move forward after hearing it from his reps. The money and options were very competitive 130 he didnt quote option number 5000?

I sell in B cell and this company will have way more reps than us. It does not make sense.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have brought up an excellent point that we all need to remember when we interview for any company. ALways request to speak to about 3 reps before making your decision. Usually if you are honest with the reps and promise to keep their comments confidential, they will be upfront and honest anbout the company, potential for their products, and their boss. It was such a wise move for you to do that and probably saved you a lot of grief!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds a lot like Alexion.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone tells upper management that they only needed a limited number of reps for this indication; they continue to waste money by expanding. Even the outsiders know they are wrong. They are so busy listening to the street that they don't even listen to their thought leaders and those closest to the customer. Ridiculous quota for the sales reps for first quarter. They talk about transparency, but it's a one way street. Caruso and Burns, we challenge you to take questions from the audience at the next meeting. Questions that are written and collected on paper and unscreened. We dare you. Neither of you have the balls to do it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is transparent. Paul talks to Jim, Jim talks to gary, Gary talks to Paul, Paul says hello to Jim, they talk about how selling an onoclogy product is no different than the good old days of selling rogaine. They are not going to listen to the customer they will listen to themselves. They will ignore the fact that 2nd, 3rd or 4th line ptcl is not as prevelant as male pattern baldness or cardiovascular disease or chronic kidney failure. I am on the east coast and my manager gets it. Maybe we should have 75 reps stay at home and pretend to make sales calls? Maybe a 100? When someone finally buys us does anyone really believe that the acquiring company will look at our crm and say that we are effective based on sales calls? We have 150 patients on drug, not 6500. I know, lets hold a teleconference where someone reads slides that copy a detail piece? Thats a homerun. Maybe we should have samples as we prepare for the next expansion.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just heard that we finally landed on cafepharma! It will get interesting now. I agree with everything that has been posted. The job pays like oncology but you are treated like you dont know shit. My manager came from cardiology background not hem space. The earth doesnt rotate without it asking him permission. Most of us are hanging on to see how it changes. Whatever is told to you during your interview think the opposite.

S

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only justification for the number of reps we have is that they feel off label will happen sooner than later and that good data will hit with solid tumor trial. Cross your fingers cause if it does then our stock will be flying. As for the primary care mentality, the joy I get is know that I'm ten times smarter than my manager and he has to stumble through the in's and out's of the disease and therapies.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree but there is no reason to believe that solid tumor data is any closer today than it was in August. The only justification for the increasing of reps is to give the impression to wallstreet that pdx is flying and it is well received by the hem community. The reality couldnt be further from the truth. So what is the response? Pretend that we sell in a chronic disease state and manage the sales team as if this is our first job. The only reason to stay is the hope that trial data is positive but the way our leaders continue to put their feet into their mouths and up our asses leads me to think that we will be sold very soon. Dont forget we owe the fda trials on pdx in ptcl. Yes, we keep hearing how we will expand in ctcl thats what the msl team sales on calls we can only hope as the number of ptcl patients was way over estimated.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard from a friend that they began firing reps within a few months of launch. Reps are forced to do daily call reporting and judged on call averages ( didn't that stupidity end during the Hoover administration). Reps are doing web casts that managers have told them to just get it done, so reps are sitting in parking lots outside cheap hotels with free wifi, logging on, with managers knowledge. Sales quotas are set so high no one in the company will make bonus. Upper management is so consumed with trying to get company positioned to sell that they have no connection with their employees and have apparently created one of the worst working environments in the industry with a culture of fear run by management ignorant of oncology.