2014 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Spectrum Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 29, 2014 at 7:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how many weeks of severance we get for layoffs?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong board. You should be on Amgen's board as they are reducing their workforce by 15% to invest in new drugs.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask Joe they start after earnings

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If so, not worried about it as the best will stay. The 2400 to be laid off by Amgen and otheres can upgrade and fill the new positions going forward.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard there is no severance given during a lay-off at Spectrum.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are correct. when Raj woke up one day and fired 25 sales ppl 3 years ago to make way for the Allos acquisition ppl got 2 weeks.

I was one of them 3 years ago and laugh each time I see the stock drop and all these negative cafe pharma posts.

Hopefully everyone is looking!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto. Best thing that ever happened to me, being let go and led to my current position with well led company. Got 2 wks severance, and 2 wks medical when RS let us go - that was a joke.

My advice, if you can get another job, leave. I should have left on my own a year earlier than I did.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is how Raj operates. Now he needs to pay those salaries for the Amgen people. He might wake up on that same side of the bed and cut half the sales force.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs Monday. Two days before the holiday and shut down. Classy.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? Bullshit!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DENVER
    SACRAMENTO

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who got let go and how many total?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone here feel like there may be layoffs? Seriously! I am concerned because the entire sales force has been here less than 2 years, and many less than 1 year. The base pay is high, but the products we sell are sold so rarely due to little opportunity to get new patients. At booths we work, the physicians do not even stop to talk to us. Just fearful, that this company does not have a future. Any opinions our there from people who have been here?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think there will be restructuring and possibly some downsizing until the pipeline delivers. If/when the new products are approved, then Spectrum will be a great place to be and might even have to increase the salesforce--but that is still months or years down the road.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK Raj

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow.....i actually worked 2 hours today and have a top performing territory!

Marqibo rocks!!! love Spectrum and its business development team!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow.... I am raking in the SPPI profits.... isn't this anonymous posting fun!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Denver & Sacramento weren't layoffs...those were firings!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Um Denver and Sac were layoffs not firings. The territories were rolled into three other territories. That's a downsizing not a firing. Who is shoveling this misinformation and what do you care. Be careful, it's slander.