Interesting perspective

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Oct 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The next-generation of name-brand investors wants what Warren Buffett has, but they’re unlikely to get it.

Buffett, of course, has plenty for an ambitious investing titan to envy. There’s the $63 billion net worth, a first look at most every attractive acquisition opportunity, and the ability to generate awe and adulation with even mundane utterances about the economy and business. He’s a ruthless financial assassin and corny, unthreatening business Grandpa at once.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a great synopsis of Buffett. I want to believe in a fairy-tale spirit who is not an animal spirit, but once Buffett started convivial attraction with 3G and Heinz, I suspected the concept of long-term investment was lost, and now that Buffett is all in with 3G and Tim Hortons and Burger King, now I know that is true. It used to be, so I was told in the Berkshire Hathaway fairy tale, that Buffett only bought in to a company that was well run with a great product, and he would let the management continue their work without interference. Not so anymore. Now Buffett is an emerging Baby Hughie activist investor.