Anyone see a pay increase yet?

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard 50 different stories. Has ANYONE had a pay increase due to the Quest takeover? Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. It's getting old. Reminds me of a sign I saw once at a bar that read, "Free Beer Tomorrow"....it was nailed to the wall

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not personally but I know that a the "new hires" and "transfers" are making Quest scale or higher. According to my attorney bro-in-law, if the job openings that are posted cite a "minimum" salary for new hires and current employees are not making said "minimum", this falls into a class action lawsuit area. Jan 1 Quest took over payroll. They have made themselves liable by "posting" minimums. We have 7 at our lab. 3 at another and 2 at another ready to file. We work for Quest, Solstas is a sign on the door. I find it sickening.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your brother-in-law. What he says is true however, it depends on the terms of the acquisition. They take a long time to complete and salaries don't have to change during a reasonable time to consolidate. But don't get too excited...your base might increase but your variable comp will go down.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the rule for hourly employees? Does this same "rule" apply?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one cares about hourly employees.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the same rule applies to hourly employees. They will have to fit into the Quest pay grades. They likely do already. Don't expect any pay changes for several months and I suggest that hourly employees not to expect one at all. The pay ranges can't be that different. I've won accounts from Quest in the past by getting Solstas to pay the Phleb a higher hourly rate. I hear that Quest likely won't drop your pay but if it's too high outside their range, will keep you there. Just hang tight but don't have unrealistic expectations.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please explain the, "I've won accounts in the past..." line. How did that work? Also, the pay ranges are quite different. Solstas pays/paid poverty wages. However, labs in the same city pay different wages. I guess it boils down to greed and bonuses. Or possibly how gullible and stupid some employees can be. I don't fear management as the people that call themselves management above me are completely worthless. Some hourly employees may be uneducated and/or afraid to raise their voice. Management will treat them like sheep. Gullible little slaves. Then sometimes, the smartest guy in the room is holding a broom.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^I like the broom line

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe some of the folks in Solstas management are trying to pull the proverbial wool over the eyes of their employees. There seems to be a lack of transparency in some cases. I don't even know if people know who they work for any longer. If I have any type of issue I am to call Quest HR who then direct me to contact my supervisors who are still Solstas wannabees. The only problem is they were the reason I called in the first place.

12. Groink

Groink Guest

Maybe you'll find more "transparency" when you start your new job at Burger King.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

be kind, there are openings selling urinal cakes

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why would anyone look for a non-perofrmance based raise from Quest? There are already too many people...if you want a raise, demonstrate your value to the company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck all of you
    It's your own fault you sold your soul to the company
    Find a new job for heavens sake you got caught with your pants down
    You are a bunch of whinny bratts
    Play the race card play the gender card play the card that says u shoul be an executive
    Fuck off!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try decaf.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck Solstas. Fuck "management", fuck their lies, fuck their greed, fuck them all. I'm done. Oh, fuck them and their email passwords...their simple to figure out email passwords. I will be posting some great stuff...with names, later today. There will be blood.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, brother. Another keyboard warrior making empty threats. There is a reason you did not make it in our great new organization and it was no surprise to us. What is remarkable is that you find time between your Burger King customers to spew your angry bitter nonsense on our board. Try to focus on your new job, whopper boy or you will never make it past your 90 day probation period.

Hope this helps

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure did last year a whole sixteen cents. Was told today they are due to give another "raise" next month.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So...who is "giving" raises? Solstas still says that we will get raises after we are evaluated(yearly). Yet we work for Quest. We are paid by Quest. Makes sense.