Arthrex Capital

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am considering an Arthrex Capital position. Recruiter states it would be a "management" position, helping existing Arthrex reps selling power, video, shavers, pumps. Thoughts? I would think that with the brand strength and "bundling" this might actually be a good gig. I do not wish to create a battle between competitive reps, but would appreciate genuine feedback. Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hard sale, especially trying to get procedure specific reps to try to sell capital, a completely different game. They used to try to sell the Olympus video equipment, and dropped that for Karl Storz. Still sucking wind and getting their ass kicked by Stryker and Dyonics.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can see Arthrex moving to a Capital rep in each territory as well as a Total Joints rep in each territory. I don't think it's an if but rather a when? The sports reps bag is just to full to cover capital and total joints adequately.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More thoughts on this position and its future? What is the income potential...realistic?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That will depend on the distributor. Pay scale varies greatly from region to region. I think 150K for a "manager" position may be right? At least in the Midwest. Not sure where you're coming from, but u will pay for all territory expenses.

Synergy video is pretty good, better than what else is on the market. And if you can bundle in shavers with a deal, it can be lucrative. But this is still a tough sell. Other companies like Stryker, Storz and Dyonics go in years before their contract ends and renew to lock out any competitive switch.

As for the reps on the ground, they are overworked, underpaid, and undertrained. Most reps arent anywhere near 100K and work 10-12 days. Expect to most of the leg work yourself if you get the gig. Good reps will get u in where they can, but will have to rely on u for expertise b/c we dont get shit for training.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is truly amazing how misinformed people are. Lets just clarify the above:

1. procedure specific reps trying to sell capital, completely different game - either was once a wanna be full bag rep that didn't make the long term cut or is a total newbie that doesn't know anything. Simple fact is that in order to hit Distributor bonus which in turn solidifies long term employment status and increased income, all reps are motivated to sell capital consumables. If this is not the case at your distributorship then you may want to rethink how capital is positioned.

2. used to sell Olympus, then Karl Storz - funny how this is mentioned like its a secret, in reality when presented to customers it shows how Arthrex cut its teeth by selling video equipment that was extremely well respected in the General surgery marketplace. Long term does it make more sense to keep selling other peoples product or would you rather develop/manufacture a truly innovative platform that corrects all the issues every other hardware based platform represents. Again no brainer, shows little to no understanding of the video marketplace.

3. Still sucking wind and getting their ass kicked by Stryker and Dyonics - where does one even begin? This statement is so false it doesn't even warrant a response.

If you are seriously considering a Capital management position, do your homework and ask the right questions when you sit down with the distributor ownership and ask to have a meeting with the Arthrex Regional Imaging & Resection Manager. Truth is sales growth and market penetration numbers speak for themselves and outsiders will only continue to be haters as it is no fun loosing...over and over and over

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Linvatec is strong here.