Noncompete Contracts

Discussion in 'Apria' started by Anonymous, May 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interested in a position with Apria, but am currently working with a competing DME company. Will Apria hire people with existing noncompete contracts? I've been told by an attorney that it would not likely hold up.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It can not be over reaching. Most courts dismiss a non-compete if it is for more than one year and is more than 50 miles of where you previously sold.

Also, a company has to enforce EVERY non-compete. It can not pick and chose.

I'm not a lawyer, but have consulted one in the past for the same reason.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It can not be over reaching. Most courts dismiss a non-compete if it is for more than one year and is more than 50 miles of where you previously sold.

Also, a company has to enforce EVERY non-compete. It can not pick and choose.

I'm not a lawyer, but have consulted one in the past for the same reason.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, I appreciate your response. I too have consulted an attorney and his take was that the non-compete was very broadly written and not likely to hold up. Do you work for Apria? Would you recommend working there?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No - If you work for Crapia the only non-compete clause that you need to worry about is the one that exists between Crapia sales Operations and Crapia Sales. In this case Crapia Operations always wins. You can't compete if you are are in sales unless sales are good. If the top box scores (customer satisfaction) suck because the operations side of the business sucks, and it does, then it will be your fault if you cannot increase sales.

So, my friend, if I were you I would ask for a non-compete clause in your contract to protect you from Crapia operations before you decide to join Crapia sales.

Work together to win together is our motto but if we do not win as the result of our operations being completely incompetent than you will pay the price if you are on the sales side.

Good luck. You may want to check out Life Care or Pacific Pulmonary first before you consider to join this "burning platform."

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a call from a recruiter for a position with KCI...the territory covers part of my current territory but majority of the territory I would be covering is outside my current Apria territory.....will a non-compete prevent me from getting this job because technically its not an actual competing "DME" company but a medical device company. Thanks for any insight!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anything has to be better than apria....they could care less about their pt's

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they are only interested in reducing suspended billing and THAT IS IT!!!!