Black Sheep

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Supartz. Sales AND Marketing's Black Sheep. Anyone remember the HA market?

Any guesses where OsteoAmp will fall in the pecking order fold?

Actually now that I think about it the ESAOTE product marketing might be the worst but sales love talking MSK.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quit caring

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do we still sell Supartz? Company doesn't say a word about it. Another BV failure. HEY DIMWITS, AT LEAST BRING IT UP NOW AND AGAIN SINCE IT MAKES BV SIGNIFICANT MONEY. Remember those old supartz contests. A bygone era.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have made a decent living with Supartz. In my opinion, we really don't need any marketing or help but just good prices that we can give to loyal customers. Prefer corporate not caring about the brand.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Customers do pretty darn good off Supartz if they doc correctly and insurance covers (as we all know the biggest payer, does.) Remember, Supartz was the one that started the crazy price wars from low balling. Then competitor with same code came back to low ball and we went further.

Now the company makes very little margin and the clinics make Huge margins. I'd say we have been pretty darn loyal.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true: Canadian Visco started the price wars then Hyalgan.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not too many clinics bought Canadian Synvisc. We whored that market and helped decimate the code. We dropped our price too low.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Supartz , due to your horrendous management mistakes from the past, does not yield as much profit as Exogen.

Exogen Costs around 150.00 in overhead per unit.
    Average contact price-$2,900.00

Supartz costs around 20.00 per vial. ( close guess)
    Average Floor Price- 70.00 per vial

Lots of profit in Exogen IF the payers pay and co-pays are collected.
    Overhead may have gone up due to paying salaries to reps ( which makes them lazy)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the break even price on Supartz needs to be around $55-60 or so if memory serves me right.
    This salary-based model is just not sustainable in today's reimbursement climate, and for the sales rep, not motivating.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the payers gonna pay pay pay pay pay pay... Lol should have been the NSM theme.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has definately created a hostile environment. Now the RVPs-DOSs are playing bully on quota and calls. It is so insane because, we did so well under the Donze commission scale. But then I wonder.....perhaps they want to sell to a small pharma company like Endo or something...